Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
RichH

SL300 Dim Display

Hi All

I was searching the internet for possible solutions to my problem and found this board but couldn't find an answer to my problem. Basically, I have an SL300 and the screen is really dim. I can just see the image on the screen but there is no brightness at all. I have read that it may be an issue with the invertor or the LCD backlight? but I wouldn't know which or both??

Has anyone any ideas please?

Thanks

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: SL300 Dim Display

hey RichH,

welcome to the forums,

have you tried updating your unit ? If you haven't, head to http://support.lenovo.com and kindly do so.

if you have and the display is still dim, then get in contact with the support team via >>
http://bit.ly/LNVsuppNum

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Fanfold Paper
RichH

Hello Serge
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will try updating and let you know how I get on.
Regards
Fanfold Paper
RichH

Updates did not fix issue so I guess now it is inverter or lamp but how do I know which?

Incidently I ran all the tests and nothing failed on the video or MB tests but my battery is refusing to show any charge and my CD stopped working - this is getting real close to the recycling bin !!!!!

Fanfold Paper
RichH

So, can anyone tell me if the inverter can be replaced on this model. It looks to be an integrated part of the screen? Also, how can I test for a cable issue before paying out for a screen?
Thanks
Paper Tape
pakati

Hello,

I also have an SL300, and my problem started with all different colours of vertical lines apeearing on my screen.

I started using the VGA output with an external monitor, and there are no issues there. I assume that means, that the motherboard is OK. I used my laptop as a desktop basically for a couple of months but now I need to travel, so I decided to fix up the LCD.
I bought an LCD panel and a new LCD cable too, and as dar as I see, the lines are gone, but the screen is really DIM, it's almost black you can see only the contour lines of things on the screen. Nothing really visible.

What can couse this? The maintenance manual doesn't say anything about an inverter, and as I see it's part of the LCD screen.

What is the next step? How can I test the cable and how can I test the screen itself?

Thanks,

Attila

Product: Lenovo SL300, 27388YG, win7.

Paper Tape
wickiup

On my L520 messing with battery settings turned my display dim.

Just a thought.