Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
NJ_XD

SL400 Audio Stutter/Lag

[ Edited ]

Hello, :smileyhappy:

I've been using my Lenovo SL400 for a total 4 years now...have formatted my system only twice...I've used only windows 7 on my lap always.....and have never had any sort of system errors or problems...but recently i've started to have an audio stutter issue....

The Problem in detail is :-
When I play any sort of audio or video...wheter be it on VLC player or windows media player or any other media player...and at the same time i do some folder browsing...I can hear a small screeching noise(not continuously)...and its not exactly a screeching noise...but something like your system getting a small lag...audio gets a small stutter...which causes small noises....also...one other instance of this audio stutter is when i play an audio file and i search for some file on the windows search option in the start bar.
Also now it happens all the time....whenver i play an audio or video file. its getting worse i guess!:smileyfrustrated:

Can Anybody please give me a suggestion or some sort of help on this...
Also a friend of mine said it might be a motherboard problem...need your opinions.

Ron_9972
Topics: 18
Kudos: 66
Solutions: 37

Re: SL400 Audio Stutter/Lag

[ Edited ]

You may want to try uninstalling your current audio driver and reinstalling from here (I realize it says for the A70z, but your model CX20561 is supported by this driver.)

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS002860

Let me know if this works.

Did you find a post awesome? A great response? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a 'thank you' for helping you out!

Blue Screen Again
NJ_XD

[ Edited ]

Ron_9972 wrote:

You may want to try uninstalling your current audio driver and reinstalling from here (I realize it says for the A70z, but your model CX20561 is supported by this driver.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS002860

Let me know if this works.

I cant install it....everytime i try to install it....it shows a installation failure message and says.."could not find the media device for this driver"....
and the audio stutter problem is getting worse now....any kind of audio output my laptop gives is having that stutter or crackled voice...earlier it used to come when i used to browse the folders or search for some files....but now it exists when im doing nothing but just listening to some music...or viewing some videos...its becoming a major pain now!

Also this time i've particularly noticed....this delay/audio stutter/crackled voice is mostly predominant when i'm playing a video and copying some file at the same time.....the audio stutter increases...as if the video is not able to play due to less processing speed.(please note - have a 2ghz duo core processor)
Need Help please!

Ron_9972

[ Edited ]

I understand your frustration.  Let's try updating your audio drivers through Device Manager.  Go to Start>enter Device Manager in the search bar>doubleclick on the audio/sound device>under the Driver tab choose Update Driver.  Do the same thing for your graphics card and let me know if that helps.

A couple of other questions...if you mute the volume, do you still hear the crackling?  Do you hear it if you plug in external speakers?

Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a 'thank you' for helping you out!

Blue Screen Again
NJ_XD

[ Edited ]

Ron_9972 wrote:

I understand your frustration.  Let's try updating your audio drivers through Device Manager.  Go to Start>enter Device Manager in the search bar>doubleclick on the audio/sound device>under the Driver tab choose Update Driver.  Do the same thing for your graphics card and let me know if that helps.

A couple of other questions...if you mute the volume, do you still hear the crackling?  Do you hear it if you plug in external speakers?

I did everything you told me (which is updating all my drivers through device manager..) But they seemed to be already up to date....and i hear the crackling when Im plugged onto an external speakers too....but i hear no crackling or pop noise when im on mute....and if i'm plugged onto my earphones and if its on mute..then i can hear like a very very very faint noise as something is moving and a small beep noise...its very low(but no crackling noise)...
Please help me..the crackling/pop noise is very annoying and it breaks my heart to see i can do nothing about it ! :smileysad:

Ron_9972

[ Edited ]

Well, that rules out that it's a speaker problem.  It's more likely to be a software problem.  Do you have ThinkVantage System Update installed?  If so, run that to make sure everything is up-to-date.  You can download it here if you need to install it:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS012808

You are using Windows 7, correct?  Can you also try booting into safe mode and see if it still happens?

Blue Screen Again
NJ_XD

[ Edited ]

Ron_9972 wrote:

Well, that rules out that it's a speaker problem.  It's more likely to be a software problem.  Do you have ThinkVantage System Update installed?  If so, run that to make sure everything is up-to-date.  You can download it here if you need to install it:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS012808

You are using Windows 7, correct?  Can you also try booting into safe mode and see if it still happens?

When I tried to update my system through the thinkvantage pack...i couldnt install it..because somewhere around 20%....this is what it showed..."There are no applicable packages found for your system"...cannot update :smileysad:
and then i went into safe mode and tried checking if the same problem existed there too..but...then again i couldnot...because there in safe mode...my sound volume was showing me a mute symbol...i clicked on it...and it did some sort of a troubleshoot and it showed i didnt have an audio driver installed and the message was this "one or more audio service isn't running"....also i want you to know that my system doesnot use conxeant audio driver...in fact i think my lap uses the default windows audio driver ....it uses the deafult microsoft HD audio device software...i'm not able to get the system updated...nor am i able to update the audio driver...its very annoying!
Now im really starting to lose hope....please help me...!:smileysad:

Ron_9972

[ Edited ]

OK, sorry you got that error.  First, make sure that your Windows updates are current, then follow these steps to correct that:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/ThinkVantage-System-Update-quot-There-are-no-a...

Then run the update.  If you still have the issue, try (after the update) uninstalling your current audio driver and reinstalling this one (it is the most current I can locate):

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-70595 

First, make sure that your Windows updates are current.