Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
johnriegel

SL410 blue screen of death (Windows 7)

Hi,

I purchased a refurb SL410 from the Lenovo Outlet.  I got it last night, copied over my data and IE Favorites, looked at cnn.com a few minutes and then shut down.  It installed a few Windows Updates on shutdown.  I powered it on this morning and it will stay up for a bit and then blue screen of death.  This happens over and over.  I looked around on Lenovo's website and have no idea who to contact.  I typically buy Dell's but this laptop was very highly rated so I thought I'd try it out, so far..not so happy.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

What's DOS?
2nde

Re: SL410 blue screen of death (Windows 7)

Windows updates you installed may have been the source of your problem.

It's better if you try system restore to previous time before the updates were installed. Try running the Thinkvantage toolbox for full diagnostics also to be sure it's not hardware related.

What's DOS?
jlau192002

Re: SL410 blue screen of death (Windows 7)

I have the same Issue. I bought my SL410 last year and have been getting blue screens here and there. I've been pretty much just restoring the system to a few days before, but I can't help but feel that this is some permanent problem of some sort. 

Any permanent fixes would be awesome. 

By the way, how do I get the original Windows 7 cd if I want to reformat my lenovo? Didn't get one when I bought it from Best Buy....