Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
drcru

SL500 Left Hinge Broken

[ Edited ]

I got a Lenovo SL500 almost 2 years ago now and the left hinge on it just broke. Right now I'm typing this on a slightly sideways monitor . This thing never even leaves my desk, I googled it and found that a few other people have experienced broken left hinges. Looks like a design flaw.

Link to picture

Is there anything I can do to get this fixed?

Pictures attached:

http://imgur.com/flCzn.jpg

http://imgur.com/Ksq25.jpg

Also, I just saw that a bunch of other people have this same problem even on this forum...

Moderator note; embedded picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Token Ring
boooggy

Re: SL500 Left Hinge Broken

hi

i also own a sl500 and got the left hinge broken. although not as bad as your sl500....

what i did was to order a set of hinges from ebay and then when it arrived i replaced the broken one with the new one.

and like u said it seems to be a flaw in the design so if your sl500 is not in guaranatee then u cant do anything else but get a new hinge and replace it.

good luck

What's DOS?
gspight

Ditto - my SL500 left hinge also snapped and Lenovo denied that they had ever received a single complaint regarding this - what appears to be a common problem. I have ordered two replacement hinges but am wondering if anyone has an e-procedure, such as in PDF format, that I can use to follow step-by-step instructions in how to fit these?

Token Ring
boooggy

i used the info and videos from http://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/ion/

first disassambley and then reassambley.

good luck

Paper Tape
DunelmIT

HI,

I have just experienced same issue. I have 2 SL500 type 2746 both left hand hinges broken. One i have sent for repair with Lenovo awaiting quote. I am keen to see if this is a growing issue amongst many customers as I am now expecting to see many more with the same issue which potentially will amount to a significant cost to me for repairing them considering they are not 2 years old as yet. I opted for Lenovo as opposed to other makes due to the IBM heritage and advertised duarbillity.

What's DOS?
Mosta

please i'd like to tell me the Exact Cost of the Hinges :smileyhappy:..

Fanfold Paper
saxenaabhi6

Hey guys i also got my left hinge slightly brok.... it lifting up when i lift my screen up...

i dont know how to open a laptop... so i am not sure what to do

how much its cost....

y dont they asccept that its some design problem otherwise y would hell lot of people got the same problem

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

@saxenaabhi6, do you have a SL500 too?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Token Ring
boooggy

[ Edited ]

i bought both hinges off ebay link

be sure they can deliver to your country.

good luck.

What's DOS?
coyotech

Have the same problem on my sl500 as well. It just broke when I opened it. Only hanging by the two wires :smileysad: