Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
llamer

SL510 Cannot get any changes saved to Power Manager settings

I want to change power-related things about my computer, such as what closing the lid does, or when it should turn itself off during various phases of operation. However, every single time I make these changes to the power controls, they are never enacted and everything resets back to what it was before (which is NOT WHAT I WANT IT TO BE). I've clicked "OKAY" and I've clicked "APPLY," and they never do anything. For example, when I change the entry field from "Do Nothing" to "Sleep" in the setting for "Closing the Lid," I'll save the changes and then close the lid. Nothing happens. Opening back up the Power Manager and it shows the settings to be what they were before I supposedly fixed them. The changes were not saved at all! Every time I try. This "power manager" appears to be passed out on the job.

What do I do to get my changes effected? This is hyper-frustrating. Thank you.

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: SL510 Cannot get any changes saved to Power Manager settings

hey llamer,

welcome to the forums.

try uninstalling the Power Manager and the Power Management Drivers.

then head to >> http://support.lenovo.com , download the softwares and reinstall them

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
What's DOS?
llamer

Thanks Serge. I am going to try this ASAP, but could you or someone please fill me in on how to uninstall the Lenovo Power Manager? I don't know how myself, as I don't normally mess around with my computers this much. Thank you!!!!

andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 714
Solutions: 635

Hi llamer,

click on start and type the word programs into the search box, in the list that is shown please select "Add or remove programs". This will then open a window with a list of softwares installed on your system, scroll down the list and select one of the items mentioned by Serge by left clicking on it once, the click on the word uninstall. The rest will hopefully be self explanatory.

uninstall.JPG

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

What's DOS?
llamer

So far this looks like this has worked. I'll let you know if it hasn't. Thanks guys! Really appreciate this - a lot!!!

What's DOS?
llamer

Actually this hasn't changed a thing. Let me better explain my situation:

In the Lenovo Power Controls page of Control Panel we have this slick Lenovo interfaced software that is its own beast separate from the standard windows style. In the POWER PLAN tab there appears to be five distinct settings listed as rows on the lefhand side of the window; mine is set at the one at the top, 'Maximum Battery Life.'

Then there are these variable scroll-down fields for things such as system settings, advance settings, events, alarms, etc.  So it seems to me that by adjusting the values in these fields I am thereby changing their execution onto my machine, permanently until I reset or change them once more.

So now the problem is that anytime and everytime I go to make a change, there is no result and all the settings go back to normal. Most of the time. Sometimes it seems like the computer hibernates when it should, mostly it doesn't and goes against all my emplaced augmentations.

So maybe I'm missing something here. Is there a totally separate tab for a  custom energy plan that I need to find?  Am I needlessly fidjeting with fixed controls of the 'Maximum Battery Life' plan (and if that's the case then why have them be moveable)? 

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Serial Port
SL500_user

Hello Ilamer,

I am not sure which power manager setting you are trying to change in your power plan but be aware that in the Global Settings tab there are two check boxes; one for for events and one for alarms that make these global settings apply to all power plans.  Make sure that these are unckecked if you wish to make individual changes to your power plans or the global settings will always override.

Hope this helps,

Phil