Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
KMarshall

SL510 - No audio to television when connected via HDMI

Hey there. I currently have a problem connecting my SL510 to my LG32LE5900 television. I have full display, but all my audio comes out of my laptop speakers - not what I desire! 

It recognises the television as a Generic PnP Monitor in the Device Manager, but doesn't see any HDMI Audio in Sounds Playback Devices (It only shows Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio).

Any tips whatsoever? I have been searching the internet for a good hour now for different solutions and nothing has worked so far.

Many thanks.

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: SL510 - No audio to television when connected via HDMI

hey KMarshall,

curious to know, have you tried on a different HDMI capable TV set ?

Just wanting to know if the same problem will occur on a different TV set

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
What's DOS?
SusanThinks

I clicked that I had this problem too, but wanted to expand on that. My SL510 worked perfectly connected to a Sony tv for over a year.

Then a few days ago, suddenly the sound was gone. I ran the troubleshooter, and the HDMI sound component failed the test (not surprisingly). Win7 asked if I wanted to make the speakers the default playback device and I clicked yes, as I wanted to watch something and figured I could change it back later.

Later on I shut the laptop down for several hours. On startup, I went to Control Panel->Sound to change the default back, but now, only the speakers show up as a choice. The HDMI option was there before; now it isn't.

How do I access it again? Or is that component just dead? What options do I have? Thanks so much for any advice.

Paper Tape
Dodo1976

Hi!
It seems that I have a similar problem. How did you solve your problem?
Some up-date drivers? Chipset, audio card or video card?
Thanks!