Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
sully

SL510 graphics display problem HELP!!!

Hi everyone I hope that my problem is easily solved. My computer when turned on will go to the windows loading screen or boot screen, then when it should be going to my login my lcd goes blank. Ive found that if I uninstall the intel graphics driver it will let me login via microsofts vga driver. I can login via safe mode.  Ive tried all recovery options, doing a default factory install to reinstalling the driver(obviously the first thing I tried), updating the driver, pretty much thats it. I can connect it via my computer monitor just fine. I unfortunately haven't had any look googling this issue. Any help would be much appreciated. I am running windows 7 home and I believe this system has the intel 4 integrated chipset. 

Guru
ColonelONeill

Re: SL510 graphics display problem HELP!!!

Maybe it's defaulting to the external monitor? Try hitting Win+P to send it back to the internal monitor?
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/670/1340, 21GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
What's DOS?
sully

Hey sorry for the late reply, I did try Win+P but to no avail. Just on a whim i reinstalled win 7 from another installation disk and had the same exact problem after installing the intel graphics driver. I also installed ubuntu to see if the intel graphics worked and they did. I also downloaded every driver for from intel and lenovo and all failed to work. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Guru
ColonelONeill

This sounds like a very weird problem, especially the fact that it loads up to the login screen.

Try this: After installing, go into MSCONFIG (possibly in Safe Mode) and uncheck all of the Intel graphics adapter startup entries. It's possible there's some bizarre glitch happening when they load.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/670/1340, 21GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase