Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
rodrodrod

SL510 volume controls will not unmute

Hi guys,

this morning the sounds on my laptop just stopped working. I turned down the volume using the laptop volume controls and now the buttons stopped working and the computer is stuck on MUTE.

When I click the volume control on the task bar I get the 'detecting problems' window pop up and then it says that 'troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem'

I tried reinstalling the soundcard drivers but nothing and whenever I get into VOLUME MIXER it says 'No audio device installed"

Any clues anyone. Has the soundcard stopped working? Is it integrated? Is it a driver prob or a windows prob?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: SL510 volume controls will not unmute

hey rodrodrod,

welcome to the forum.

try uninstalling the soundcard drivers and let windows install its generic driver.

once it has been installed, test your volume control and the audio.

at the same time, head to http://support.lenovo.com , crosscheck with the drivers that you have on your system and update accordingly.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.