Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
KalvinKlein

SLx Series Laptops Shipping discussion (2010-2014)

[ Edited ]

All,

Post your shipping and order management experiences here:

Here are some common points of frequent discussion:

Avoid Credit Holds - ensure that BOTH your bill to and ship to addresses are listed with your CC bank before ordering
Lenovo will NOT bill your card until order ships - an authorization charge hold to check for available balance may show up when order is first placed.
Estimated ship dates are based on default lead time and can vary from what was displayed on website.
In the US and Canada, Lenovo utilizes UPS for new product shipments
Orders may ship before the Estimated Ship Date
Orders may enter through Alaska and pass through Louisville, KY before traveling on to final address
Cancellation requests may take up to 2 days to process
Requests to change configuration or other aspects of the order may require the order to be rebooked.
Lenovo does not accept payment via international credit cards, except AMEX.

Prior shipping discussions for SLx series  notebooks can be viewed on this -->thread<---.

serm1875

Re: SLx series shipping messages

I cant work out the shipping either... I have the UPS tracking number...  it says my SL510 was shipped from China on 31st December... no other updates since then.... Here is the strange bit though - it says its 'estimated' to arrive in Toronto (where I live), then its 'estimated' to be flown to Vancouver (where I don't live)...

SCSI Port
Fastguy397

[ Edited ]

To serm1875:

My SL410 arrived, so here's what I can help you with.

A new tracking number has been assingned to your SL510. I checked my old tracking number online. It stopped at "Arrived in Richmond, BC". 5 days later, I got an InfoNotice paper saying that they will ship again (this with the ThinkPad already in Toronto) and the InfoNotice also shows my new tracking number. Got updated info yesterday, then got the ThinkPad the next day. The weird thing is that the new tracking number is not listed on the Lenovo website.

Date ordered: Dec. 22

Date received: Jan. 13

Bottomline: There's a new tracking number that isn't shown on your Lenovo order page. Wait for either a UPS InfoNotice to track it or just wait for the SL510. It'll come.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lenovo ThinkPad SL410 2842 (Intel Core2 Duo T6670, 2 GB DDR3 RAM, 250 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive, DVD-RW drive, Intel WiFi Link 5100, Intel GMA 4500MHD, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit) http://nugenivy.blogspot.com/
Punch Card
anonymouse99

[ Edited ]

Fastguy397, what was the estimated date on your order when you ordered on Dec 22? Was it revised up/down? Thanks!

I ordered my SL-510 today, but it says that it is going to be shipped on 3/26/2010. I will be travelling overseas within days of the delivery date. Is there any hope getting this on time or sooner, or is it better to cancel this order? They are supposedly delaying this due to the "matte/antiglare" LCD display finish. Thoughts? Thanks!

Paper Tape
withsilentwings

Re: SLx Series Laptops Shipping discussion (2010)

Lenovo sent me an email on Friday stating the order (SL410) had shipped.  In the email it noted that I would receive tracking information by the next morning.  It is now Tuesday and I have not received any tracking information.  When  I emailed Lenovo support, I was told to wait 3-5 business days to receive a tracking number, which honestly sounds like more of an excuse than anything, especially when you consider "standard" UPS shipping offered is noted as 5 business days.  Why would it take 5 business days to receive a tracking number for an item that is meant to arrive in 5 business days?

I would just like a clear answer on whether or not the notebook shipped and when I should be expecting it at this point, some important business plans are based around it's availability.  I can provide my customer number/order number on request.

Thanks!

Paper Tape
withsilentwings

Re: SLx Series Laptops Shipping discussion (2010)

still no email back from support, no answer here... no tracking number.

Paper Tape
Semtex-Primed

Re: SLx Series Laptops Shipping discussion (2010/2011)

[ Edited ]

I'm in the UK and ordered a SL510 with only minor config changes, pretty quick service i'm happy to say. Any impatience is due to me being like a kid about it.

System Config:

Thinkpad SL510 Series
    - Intel Core 2 Duo processor T6670(2.2GHz)
    - Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64
    - 15.6" HD VibrantView with Matte Black Cover
    - Mobile Intel Express Chipset with ATI Mobility Radeon 4570 256MB graphics, Gigabit Ethernet
    - 2 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1067MHz SODIMM Memory (1 DIMM)
    - ThinkPad UltraNav
    - 250 GB Hard Disk Drive, 5400rpm
    - DVD Recordable 8x Max Dual Layer
    - 4 cell 2.2Ah Li-Ion Battery
    - Bluetooth w/ antenna
    - ThinkPad b/g/n
    - 2847: 1Year Depot Warranty

As you can see, pretty bog standard, only upgraded the OS to Pro x64 from x86. 
Timeline:
Ordered: 21/01/2011
Shipped: 28/01/2011
UPS Delivery Status: In Transit (On Time)
UPS Expected Delivery: 03/02/2011

I've got to say I fully understand where peoples past comments come from about UK customer service. Shocking on my first attempt which was with a foreign female, however I rang back and spoke to an irish guy and all problems/worries were sorted out within 5/10 mins. If someone says they'll ring back in a few minutes, I wouldn't believe it at all, they did it to me and I rang back after 20 minutes of waiting. She didn't sound professional or anything to do with lenovo. She struggled to get the company name out when she picked up the phone, let alone the reason I wasnt speaking to a member of the customer service team. I had a problem with the tracking on UPS too, quick email to UPS and it was sorted within half an hour. I hope it might possibly get here early as i'd need it for work however can't fault the time so far. They said 2-3 week turn around, it'll be hopefully just under 2.
Paper Tape
Semtex-Primed

Re: SLx Series Laptops Shipping discussion (2010/2011)

Just to update, i'm posting this off my new SL510... comments so far? SO glad I waited the extra time and chose Lenovo over Dell. The laptop is at first big, however that's due to me being used to a netbook which just wasn't doing the job.

I've done some testing on it and had a good play about with call of duty 4 so i'm happy.

Back on topic, shipping

The parcel arrived on time in the afternoon [GMT], and had travelled in the past week further than i've travelled in my lifetime.

China > Japan > China > Thailand > India > UAE > Germany and then onto UK.

Congrats Lenovo, pleased customer.