Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Jeea84
Accepted Solution

Thinkpad SL510 Trackpad problem

[ Edited ]

Hi

I've been using my sl510 laptop for quite some time now and i had this problem in the start as well. However i searched and installed some drivers and it solved the problem. i installed windows 7 64 bits ultimate a few weeks ago and the problem has restarted. It drives me absolutely crazy and i am unable to focus on typing.

This is what happens:

I'm typing something, and I'm a writer so anyone can imagine my typing speed. and suddenly for no reason, the cursor is somewhere else and my words are typewritten there. For example as i write here on this line, my cursor will automatically go to the 1st line and start typing there. it drives me nuts and its very very frustrating.

Please help out and let me know of any drivers that may need to be installed.

btw the shortcut, Fn+F8 or F6 keys doesn't work.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Thinkpad SL510 Trackpad problem

Hello Jeea84 and welcome to Lenovo community,

I can understand your issue very well as how much the work gets disturb due to this problem.

You need to install Synaptics UltraNav driver to resolve this issue.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/6hgx53ww.exe

I hope your issue gets resolved after this and then you can work without any problem.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Fanfold Paper
Jeea84

like i said i already installed all the ultranav drivers i could find on lenovo's site.

i actly did solve my own problem by disabling the clicks of the trackpad. the mouse works, but its unclickable. no disturbance at all. the only problem is wen im on a surface where mouse cant be used. but i can work with the keyboard just fine. in case i need to be on that surface for a longer time, i'll re-enable the buttons.

thx for replyin. :cathappy: 

ciao

Fanfold Paper
Jeea84

Like i said i've ALREADY done so.

Fanfold Paper
Jeea84

Let me tell you all what i installed.

I roamed around on the net searching for solutions and drivers.

nothing was working so i was geting pretty frustrated.

then i found a forum and it talked about some ELAN driver for trackpad.

i installed that and there was a new icon in my control panel.

this program/setting/driver lets me set what i want to do with all the numerous buttons i have in the trackpad.

and to my surprise, one option is "none". i've now chosen this option for all the buttons and now have no problems at all.

cheers =)