Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
kbsquared

Touchpad stopped working...

Okay, so, I installed windows 7 on my lenovo thinkpad sl510 which had windows vista previously (the touchpad was working then).  When I installed windows 7 I installed the following:

windows 7 chipset

thinkvantage software.

once I started up windows 7, I found that my touchpad doesnt work (keyboard works fine, but mouse cursor does not move), so I figured it was a driver error thing, meaning all I had to do was install the proper drivers.  And so I did! I ran system update via thinkvantage software and installed all critical, optional, and extra drivers/software. Guess what?  Touchpad still doesnt work...I am stuck using an external wireless mouse.  The touchpad I know does work, as it was when I had windows vista operating on it.  So, If this community forum can help me solve my problem it will definately be appreciated, as this is my only machine.  Thank you!

sameerbhan
Topics: 2
Kudos: 16
Solutions: 10

Re: Touchpad stopped working...

TouchPad is not working , I would suggest you to please install the UltraNav driver of your system from the below mentioned web link.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_SG/downloads/default.page?

After this, please restart the system and check if the issue resolved.

Regards,

Sameer

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!