Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Si14

Uninstalling Rescue and Recovery

I have Thinkpad SL500 with vista 32 bit on it.

There is a major problem and that is the system backs up secretly in the background, (6G each time). and I need to delete them manually. How can I disable those automatic backups?

Please help since this makes the system too busy!

Thank you for your time.

---
SL500: Intel Core(TM)2 Duo T5870, 3GB RAM, Vista Home Basic (32 bit), GMA 4500MHD
Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: Uninstalling Rescue and Recovery

Hello and welcome,

You should be able to start Rescue and Recovery, go to Advanced (button in the lower left, IIRC) and disable automatic backups (Set Schedule and Preferences, also IIRC).  There should also be a menu option to delete backups.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

Fanfold Paper
Si14

Thanks very much for your reply. 

I tried to do it. Suddenly the program became unresponsive, therefore, I end tasked it. Now that I want to start it again, it does not open! I turned off the laptop, and also restarted. Still, when I click on it, it does not do anything!

Please kindly advise how to run it.

I checked and noticed that there is another 8Gb of backup already made today!!

Thanks again for your time.

---
SL500: Intel Core(TM)2 Duo T5870, 3GB RAM, Vista Home Basic (32 bit), GMA 4500MHD
Fanfold Paper
Si14

Unfortunately no response, so I assume no solution to fix the problem of the software.

I am going to UNINSTALL the program.. Hope that does not mess anything up.

---