Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
alex1906
Topics: 3
Kudos: 81
Solutions: 25

Re: Why is pcdrcui.exe such a Memory Hog?

[ Edited ]

Hello All,

The pcdrcui.exe is part of the PCDoctor that came preinstalled with Windows.  Unfortunatly Lenovo no longer supports the PCDoctor.  Update to the Thinkvantage technologies and also the best way to stop the computer from having any of the problems listed above will be simply uninstalling the program from the computer.

Simple, Open control panel,  Programs and Features, then right click on the PCDoctor program and select uninstall.

The pcdrcui.exe will no longer run with the computers memory or CUP usage.

Hope this helps,

Alex

Was this or another post on the forum helpful? Click the star on the left side of the screen to give kudos! Did someone solve the problem you encountered? Click Solution Provided to let us know!

What we Do in Life will Echo through Eternity. -Maximus Aurelius
Blue Screen Again
kengaru

[ Edited ]

But PCDoctor at least was the ThinkVantage and it's still installed both by hand or by ThinkVantage Device Experience.

I've never installed anything except ThinkVantage ToolBox (by PCDoctor Inc., v. 6.0.5849.23) on my ThinkCentre 3652-A16 PC, but there is pcdrcui.exe process which is probably runt by some scheduler, regularly eats up to 64GB of virtual memory, hanging PC completely. This issue happens every time I'm out of PC for a long time, like vacation or weekend.

Last time I've discovered it is this morning and PC wasn't responding to anything so I was to reset it by hard poweroff.

What's DOS?
AFaith

this sounds like the best answer, thanks!