Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
cardish

about SL400

I'm planning to get Lenovo Thinkpad SL400, is it really good? and does it have a recovery disc with vista ? coz my friend said the recovery disc on comes with XP....
Token Ring
wizaard

Re: about SL400

From my point of view Lenovo SL400 is a great computer, as far as I can tell. The recovery media don't come right in the box - you must burn them on 3 DVDs by preinstalled application. The Win XP recovery media are in the box.

Lenovo ThinkPad T420s (i5-2520M, 4GB, Intel HD 3000, Intel SSD 320)
Lenovo Blog CZ
Ctrl-Alt-Del
capt1124

Mine came with XP installed, which is what I wanted, and with Vista recovery disks. Since I don't want to use Vista I had to burn XP recovery disks myself.

Mine also came quite messed up out of the box. I did a self-recovery with the help of tech support and it seems to be OK now. I have some fear the hard disk is bad but I have a cousin who does support on laptops and he thinks it's probably fine.

I am having trouble with my wireless network and I thought it was my router, but the ISP told me to check it with another computer. My old computer does not have the same problem (frequently disconnecting and then unable to renew the IP address) so I think it's my new SL400.

Dealing with Lenovo on the phone has been extremely frustrating.

Token Ring
Sxooter

Turn off the horrific lenovo supplied wifi manager and use the built in one from windows and your wifi should be fine
Punch Card
latkahgravis

If like alot of people here and you think you are getting a thinkpad, think again as this model will give you alot of headaches until its all fixed, i had to get the mobo and harddrive and screen replaced before i was happy, i removed vista and installed ubuntu and windows xp. everything works great now  but still like many others we hate the stupid glossy screen, its the dumbest thing anyone could have made IMHO,

read the other post before you get this model, might be worth it to put up a few more dollars and get a R series.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
capt1124

OK so how do I turn off Access Connections? I went through it and couldn't find anything. Thanks.
Token Ring
wizaard

[ Edited ]

By uninstalling it, I don't think there's another way...

latkahgravis: You just got some crappy piece, that just happens. And by the way - you could have bought the non-glossy screen version just like I have. And yes, there are maybe a couple of problems with SL400 but they're definitely not worse than other companies' models have - I'm mostly satisfied with the SL400 (of course it's not like R model but it's all about money, I guess).

Message Edited by wizaard on 04-04-2009 11:20 PM

Lenovo ThinkPad T420s (i5-2520M, 4GB, Intel HD 3000, Intel SSD 320)
Lenovo Blog CZ