Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
thai84
Accepted Solution

audio device on high definition audio bus

i downgraded my SL400 to windows XP SP3.

i updated my system drivers using the 'system update' tool of lenovo. though the audio driver was installed and the audio working there is a question mark and an exclamation mentioning 'audio device on high definition audio bus'. the device instance ID is

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2802&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000\4&847CD8C&0&0201
kindly help !

thanks in advance!!!

Paper Tape
salishksamuel

Re: audio device on high definition audio bus

i am having the same isssue and i think lenovo support in UAE is so poor.. if a lenovo employee can support us, it will be great full regarding my audio driver issue. Because my mic is not yet working. and more over if you find the keepboard layout you will wonder where you will find @ symbol. probably lenovo may make the laptop in C Grade industry of china..... where you can make things cheaper like anything.

Token Ring
myronray

[ Edited ]

hey dude i solved that issue same as you if your using xp for audio issue try to load driver manually in C:\DRIVERS\WIN\AUDIOC\WDM, for video issue in HDMI audio i think you need to install again the video driver due of HDMI and if install the driver point or locate the video driver folder at C:\DRIVERS\WIN764\VIDEO\HDMI it is because the audio and video has same HDMI system files needed, sorry my bad english but im trying to help.

thanks

Fanfold Paper
apichartl

Hi Guys,

I hope your problem would be resolved but, anyway, if not, i have a solution for you.

I got the solution from Chinese website. It is stated that you have to download Video driver into your SL400. Then, execute it. You will see it is extracted into C:\DRIVERS\WIN\VIDEO

Well, now you just do not do anything. Go back to your Computer manager where an unknown device is shown. Click on it and select update driver. Finally, point the driver browsing to C:\DRIVERS\WIN\VIDEO\HDMI

Then, enjoy using your SL400..

Cheers

Note: I could not read chinese. I just guessed and luckily it worked.

Ref: http://www.pcsec.org/archives/ThinkPad-SL400-Audio-Device-On-high-DefinitIon-Audio-Bus.html

What's DOS?
mwaqas

Thanks a lot, apichartl. Your solution solved my problem. Thanks a lot again.

If it's possible kindly guide me in 1 more issue the buttons used for volume up/down and mute/unmute are not working since i installed fresh windows xp with service pack 3.

Thanks in Advance,

Regard,

Muhammad Waqas

What's DOS?

thai84 escribió:

i downgraded my SL400 to windows XP SP3.

i updated my system drivers using the 'system update' tool of lenovo. though the audio driver was installed and the audio working there is a question mark and an exclamation mentioning 'audio device on high definition audio bus'. the device instance ID is

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2802&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000\4&847CD8C&0&0201
kindly help !

thanks in advance!!!

What's DOS?

audio device on high definition audio bus