Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 351
Solutions: 235

Brand New Malware just showed up

Smart Internet Protection 2011 is a brand new malware that just got submitted today to malwarebytes.  Hopefully with the next couple of updates the tools will be there to get rid of it.  As it is right now malwarebytes can't get rid of it.

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Blue Screen Again
Aldo4343

Re: Brand New Malware just showed up

There is a piece of similar pop-up trojan called 'Palladium Pro' (originally registered 2008 I believe) which auto imports other more harmful malware while it is active and disrupting computer operation. Originally appearing as a pop-up (no DL required) it takes an understanding hand to get rid of it as the pop-up requires bypassing in order to even access the desktop.

It isn't listed on Wikipedia's list of rogueware but I assume is well known in some circles.

To all intensive purposes, its an a**e.

Suffice to say, we removed Palladium Pro, but everyvirus sweep now finds a newly activated

Malware that has been on the computer in 'hidden' format.

The sooner it is added to VDF's the better.

Aldo4343
Blue Screen Again
Aldo4343

I should add, the application 'Remove Palladium Pro' is also Rogueware. Only use legitimate anti-virus software or get someone who knows how to manually remove it AND any registry files not vital to PC operation.

Aldo4343
topmahof

[ Edited ]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-personal-internet-security-2011

It looks like Malwarebytes has the removal of Smart Internet Security 2011 covered now.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Bugbatter

Rogues/fake alerts are created and re-created each day. As a member of the Malwarebytes' Staff and others, I can tell you that these things keep us very busy. I refrain from posting lists of many rogues here, unless special notice should be taken, such as with the malware that masquerades as legitimate programs, ie. alerts from Microsoft Security Essentials or AVG Antivirus 2011.

Here are some removal guides to bookmark:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic171335.html
http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=39

Aldo4343 wrote: but everyvirus sweep now finds a newly activated

Malware that has been on the computer in 'hidden' format.

The sooner it is added to VDF's the better.

Aldo4343, if you are still having a problem with this, please visit one of the forums listed HERE that uses trained malware removal staff.

topmahof, I'm sure Lenovo would prefer that you had linked to MBAM's forums rather than to HP's. :smileywink:

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

Lenovo Advocate ~ I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security

SpywareHammer

Blue Screen Again
Aldo4343

Er, cheers bugbatter. lol. (Sorry but your name just makes me think of deep fried fleas :/ )

Aldo4343
topmahof

sorry, you're probably right, how's that?

802.11n
emmjay

Bugbatter, How about Bugsplatter instead?   

Deep fried fleas conjures up a very disturbing image indeed.   Cheers mate. 

T23: 2647-8RU, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
A61E: 6418-12U, W7/Pro 64
X200: 7454-CTO, W7/Pro 32

Maliha

Hey guys,

Let's stick to the topic...

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Bugbatter

As I've mentioned before, a forum dedicated to security might be helpful to keep things separate.

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

Lenovo Advocate ~ I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security

SpywareHammer