Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
tomtom
Accepted Solution

Check virus of external hard drive (in a safe way) and TPM security chip request

Hello.

Context, complain:

I had few trouble with my new lenovo R61. But today everything is alright, downgrade to xp ok, driver graphic card ok, partitioning ok. Westerday I was in the same point with Avast anti virus installed, comodo firewall install. I decide to install spybot and check an external hard drive. I allowed the choice of spybot to do something with some "dangerous files". After this point I was not allowed to do nothing in the computor. "your not allowed to shut down the computer". "your not allowed to...contact admin". "your not allowed"....

I forced the restart, press blue, recovered the system and decide to accept the norton help, so I have norton install.

Request1: 

I want to check my external I drive with any risk for the system, what can I do, I'm I in risk as I plug in?

Request2:

Second small problem, when I try to enrolled my finger, it ask me for TPM code that I do not have. Is it safe to go in the bios and clear security chip, I see some warning in the doc.

Thanks

Tom 

Bit Torrent
wjli2

Re: Check virus of external hard drive (in a safe way) and TPM security chip request

clearing security chip is okay, but make sure you don't have any passwords that you don't known about, disable any power on, supervisor/master passwords before you do anything with security features.

Serial Port
tomtom

Re: Check virus of external hard drive (in a safe way) and TPM security chip request

Ok thanks!

I've resolve both problem yesterday evening,

My computer is now ready to operate and my hard drive looks clean now (that's what says norton and sophos anti-virus). I hope that is true. That's was quiet stressfull to have a virus attack after 1 day. Somebody suggest me that's maybe I don't restart before using Spybot creating a big mess in the registry.... I'll never now.

But now ALL GOOD YEAH
Tom

Bit Torrent
wjli2

this sort of thing happen to everyone sometimes when they use computer.....