Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
perkim

HELP!!! T410 won't start up

So today my AVG threat detector went off and it quarantined the threat and asked me to restart my laptop.  Of course when I restarted I got the blue screen of death repeatedly with a variety of error codes (tried to write some down: 0x0000007E, 0x000000F7, 0x00000050)  I tried to do a system restore from the start up screen and it did not help.  I then went as far as to do the product recovery to completely reset the laptop to factory settings.  Afterwards I still could not start it up. 

Now I don't even get a BSOD... I just get a blank backlit screen with a little blinking underscore in the top corner.  I have no clue what to do.  Any help you guys could offer would be great.  I'll be the first to admit I'm not super tech savvy so the simpler the response the better.  Thanks.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: HELP!!! T410 won't start up

It is really sad to know that you are not able to work on your laptop.

As per present issue with your laptop it seems the system is not booting.

You may go to BIOS by pressing F1 key and then set first boot device as Hard Drive. Save the settings and then check if the laptop boots properly.

To check the hard drive you can run the hard drive test in BIOS.

If the issue persist and laptop is in warranty you may contact the support center.

Country or RegionLanguageTelephone numberHours of operation
United States English 1-800-426-7378 
Select "Option #1"
24 hours/day
7 days/week

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!