Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
bdaniel

Impossible to Update Antivirus Definition in Safe mode (onekey recovery press)

I have an Idea Pad S12, the first months i was able to update my definition of Norton in One key recovery mode. However my 90 days Norton internet Security has expired under Window and i have install PCtools Internet Security in place of Norton. Better price quality ratio. However after that, I am no sure if this is a coincidence but I am not anymore able to update the definitions. It run for 30min after he said he was not able to load it. The program run with the old definition (2007) not the last one I have download week ago. Then or is a Virus who is able to modified the Lenovo Oneley recovery program or is a matter of Norton license. What should I do, reinstall Norton Antivirus One Key recovery program or (all program) or download some Norton definitions and copy it somewhere (I could not find).

I find out tha in this mode I am able to find better where are virus, than under window where scanning show no problems .

Could someone help me!!!

goretsky
Topics: 19
Kudos: 352
Solutions: 137

Re: Impossible to Update Antivirus Definition in Safe mode (onekey recovery press)

Hello,

Have you checked with PC Tools' technical support to determine why PC Tools Internet Security is not downloading updates?  Perhaps there is a non-malware-related reason for this.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee. • Dexter is a good dog • Dexter je dobrý pes
S230u (3347-4HU)X220 (4286-CTO)W510 (4318-CTO)W530 (2441-4R3)X100e (3508-CTO)X120e (0596-CTO)T61p (6459-CTO)T43p (2678-H7U)T42 (2378-R4U)T23 (2648-LU7)
de.gif  Deutsche Community es.gif  Comunidad en Español ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество