Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Guru
PeterTWJ
Accepted Solution

Which Business Security Solution is common seen / used in your country? [malware event]

[ Edited ]

Hi all

I believe some of the technical people would be curious and try to find out what security solutions is used for government, education, place of interest or organizations. I am one of it. :smileyhappy: * I did not use any of their machines, I saw it through Taskbar. :smileywink:

I am not biased for any security products, this is based on what I seen outside. :smileyvery-happy: Commonly either Symantec or McAfee in Singapore for business security. 

Government managed hospital -  Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition

IBM Singapore - Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition

Institute of Technical Education Singapore - Symantec Endpoint Protection

Singapore Polytechnics (including Student's Personal Laptop if direct purchase) - Symantec Endpoint Protection

Primary and Secondary Schools (under Ministry of Education) - McAfee VirusScan Enterprise

SCDF - McAfee VirusScan Enterprise

I also seen some Microsoft and ESET security products running around SMB when I was asked to go to client sites to assist setup for presentation. So far, I have not seen any other products from other security vendors.

It would be great if you can share your findings, so all of us would know which security vendors is more popular for different areas, etc. 

Cheers :smileyvery-happy:

Peter
(Current: W520 4284-A99) (Refunded: W510 4876-A11)

=============================================
Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve :smileyvery-happy:

Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future :smileyvery-happy:

Dolby Home Theater v4 (ThinkMix V2)!

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Lapt​ops/W520-Sound-Enhancement-Thread/m-p/451401#M155... 

goretsky
Topics: 19
Kudos: 370
Solutions: 144

Re: Which Business Security Solution is common seen / used in your country?

Hello,

Here's a list of the companies I've come across, along with their notable consumer products:

Agnitum Anti Virus/Outpost
AhnLab V3 Internet Security
Alwil Avast!
ALYac Anti Virus/Internet Security
Arcabit ArcaVir
AVG Technologies AVG Anti-Virus/Internet Security (formerly Grisoft)
Avira Antivir
Bach Khoa Bkis BKAV
Beijing Rising Anti Virus/Internet Security/PC Doctor
Bullguard AV/Internet Security
CheckPoint ZoneAlarm/AV/Internet Security (formerly Zone Labs)
Comodo Anti Virus/Internet Security
Dialogue Science Dr. Web
Emsisoft Anti-Malware/Online Armour (formerly TallEmu)
ESET NOD32/Smart Security
F-Secure
FilSecLab Twister
Frisk F-PROT
G Data Anti Virus/Interet Security
GFI VIPRE (formerly Sunbelt Software)
Hauri ViRobot
Ikarus virus.utilities
Lavasoft Ad-Aware
K7 Anti Virus/Total Security/Ultimate Security
Kaspersky Anti Virus/Internet Security/Pure
Kingsoft Anti Virus
MalwareBytes
McAfee Anti Virus/Internet Security/Total Protection
Microsoft Forefront/Security Essentials
MWTI eScan
Norman Anti Virus/Security Suite
Panda Anti Virus/Cloud/Internet Security
Qihoo 360
Quick Heal Technologies QuickHeal Anti Virus/Internet Security/Total Security
Softwin BitDefender AV/Internet Security/Total Security
Sophos Anti Virus/Security Suite
SOSDG ClamAV/ClamWin
Support.Com - SUPERAntiSpyware
Symantec Norton 360/Anti Virus/Internet Security, PC Tools
Total Defense (formerly Computer Associates)
Trend Micro Anti Virus/Internet Security/Titanium
TrustPort
VirusBlokAda VBA32
Webroot Anti Virus
WebSense

That's off the top of my head.  There are probably a few others that I missed, but I'm sure others can help fill in the list.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee. • Dexter is a good dog • Dexter je dobrý pes
S230u (3347-4HU)X220 (4286-CTO)W510 (4318-CTO)W530 (2441-4R3)X100e (3508-CTO)X120e (0596-CTO)T61p (6459-CTO)T43p (2678-H7U)T42 (2378-R4U)T23 (2648-LU7)
de.gif  Deutsche Community es.gif  Comunidad en Español ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Peter,

That is an interesting observation and Aryeh has shared a quite a lengthy list.  

I had no idea there were so many companies or products in the market.   It would probably be a complex task to define a matrix of features / functions and assess this list of products against it, and then in turn to analyze the needs of different industries against the matrix of features,  and try to determine best fit.

While the risk is probably low, we may want to avoid noting individual companies that are using specific products.

If others have interest in this line of discussion, perhaps a way forward might be to ask our experts what kinds of needs / features they most often see from various clients and whether the needs from one market segement to another are really all that different?

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Guru
PeterTWJ

Hi Mark

Your post broaden my thinking and ideas of posting interesting questions. Thanks :smileyhappy:

Cheers :smileyvery-happy:

Peter
(Current: W520 4284-A99) (Refunded: W510 4876-A11)

=============================================
Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve :smileyvery-happy:

Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future :smileyvery-happy:

Dolby Home Theater v4 (ThinkMix V2)!

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Lapt​ops/W520-Sound-Enhancement-Thread/m-p/451401#M155... 

Microsoft MVP
1972vet

That's a pretty good list of antivirus solutions but by no means, comprehensive. There's 45 there by my count but don't convict me of fabricating evidence...it's late and I've already taken off my shoes so anything I counted over 20 is going to be suspect. I found a listing online Here, from the Wikipedia. Nice list there...and I counted 73 (remember, more than 20 is up to you to verify).

Of those, there are just 13 that I haven't seen in my ventures around the various "help" forums.

Neither of the two lists though have mentioned Prevx or UnThreat unless my feeble brain missed them buried under some other name, and I've seen both of those around the web forums too.
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
Member of Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals
SpywareHammer
goretsky
Topics: 19
Kudos: 370
Solutions: 144

Hello,

Prevx was acquired by Webroot.  I believe it is still available as a standalone product.

I don't recall hearing of UnThreat before.  Off to learn more about them.  Thanks!

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee. • Dexter is a good dog • Dexter je dobrý pes
S230u (3347-4HU)X220 (4286-CTO)W510 (4318-CTO)W530 (2441-4R3)X100e (3508-CTO)X120e (0596-CTO)T61p (6459-CTO)T43p (2678-H7U)T42 (2378-R4U)T23 (2648-LU7)
de.gif  Deutsche Community es.gif  Comunidad en Español ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество