Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Simonster

White smoke virus

I currently have a g550 and have recently been infected with a reproducing trojan and soon after the"white smoke"program automatically installed itself. Since then, my computer has been getting blue screens, error messages and trojan virus pop ups from AVG. My one key recovery button does not work anymore for some reason and just boots my computer up regularly. I've tried downloading malwarebytes, microsoft security essentials and one key recovery again with no positive impact on my situation. Very frustrated and out of gas, does anyone have any advice or have gone through the same dilemma? Any help would be much appreciated.
buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 139
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 118

Re: White smoke virus

Can you open system restore?If so open it with the option safe mode with networking

http://www.eset.com/online-scanner

Use the online scanner and let us know if this helps

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Ideacenter Horizon

●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
Bugbatter

Please let us know the results of your ESET scan.
The ease of removal of this malware depends on the severity of your system infection.  From experience with this malware, I've found it to be a TDSS rootkit infection, so we may need to refer you to some additional diagnostic and/or disinfection tools.

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

Lenovo Advocate ~ I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security

SpywareHammer

Paper Tape
Simonster

I apologize for not responding for so long.  Since my first posting, my computer is constantly getting 'blue screen' and I just haven't had any patience to deal with it.   I am currently running the ESET scanner and will post the findings once it is done.  Thank you 2 for responding and will be waiting eagerly for some more info on how to fix my computer.

Bugbatter

Thank you for letting us know. :smileyhappy:

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

SpywareHammer

Paper Tape
Simonster

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/ipath/Untitled.png[/IMG]

The ESET scanner did not find anything but within the time of finishing the scan and writing this post, I had to restart my computer twice due to some tab that would pop up in my browser and immediately jump straight to blue screen. 

Paper Tape
Simonster

Bugbatter

[ Edited ]

I suggest that you have someone work with you one-on-one to remove that malware.  You will need to post some diagnostic logs and run some specialized tools. This forum is not set up for that. There are trained helpers at the forums listed by Trend Micro here: http://hjt-data.trendmicro.com/hjt/analyzethis/index.php. SpywareHammer is included in that list. If you'd like you can click on the link in my signature. Or post at one of the others - your choice.

SpywareHammer

Paper Tape
Simonster

It also seems that it has disabled my "one key recovery" button. I heard there its a way to un partition yourhard drive and force a reformat and install windows 7 again. Would you happen to know anything about this?
Guru
ColonelONeill

Maybe try making a Kaspersky Rescue USB from a clean, uninfected computer, and booting to that to clean out the infected install?
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase