Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
vweskin

computersecurity fails

Hello, I got a Thinkpad Egde 520 and installed F-secure internet security (after I romoved Norton). Unfortunately it fails to work. It says Computer security not started, restart your computer to try again. I tried many times, but no luck. I even reinstalled the program. Who can help?

Guru
ColonelONeill

Re: computersecurity fails

You may want to try the F-Secure forums. Also check the event log for detailed errors.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Bugbatter

Just to add to the suggestion by Colonel ONeill, how did you remove Norton? Is there any chance there could be remnants of it left that are causing a problem? It is recommended to run Norton Removal Tool (NRT)after using your operating system's Remove Programs feature.

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

Lenovo Advocate ~ I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security

SpywareHammer

What's DOS?
vweskin

I just started up again and surprise! For the first time F-secure works fine. For safety I used Norton removal tool and after restart F-secure did start again.I hope the probl;em is solved. If not, I'll be back on this forum.

Thanks for the response.

What's DOS?
vweskin

What do you want me to put for input?
Bugbatter

I'm glad that you have resolved the issue. Please feel free to post back at Lenovo Community if you have anything else we can help with.

I'm not sure what you mean by this question, though:

vweskin wrote:
What do you want me to put for input?

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

Lenovo Advocate ~ I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security

SpywareHammer

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 352
Solutions: 238

Hi vweskin and welcome,

If a member has helped you solve your problem, you can click on the "Accept As Solution" button in the members post that helped you.

Marking posts as solutions helps members to find the actual post that was the solution.

Thanks,

Dave 

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
What's DOS?
vweskin

Unfortunately the problem has not been solved. Many times it workes correct, but justy now, after windows update it failed again. After restarting 3 times it is ok for now.

Broadband 3G
JDay

Try using a different anti-virus solution.