Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
marcpu

410T Crashing When Playing Videos (in both Explorer 9 and Chrome 18)

Hello-

My 410T keeps crashing When playing videos (in both Explorer 9 and Chrome 18). This seems to occur with Vimeo and Youtube videos, and seems related to Shockwave or Flash (not sure, but both have been updated). The machine screen starts cycling on and off, runs icredibly slow, and can't recover without a hard reset.

I am wondering if it might be an issue withe the video card? I would love to update to the latest Intel HD graphics drivers, but those haven't been released by Lenovo yet.

I don't know if anyone has had similar issues.

Thank you,

Marc

Guru
ColonelONeill

Re: 410T Crashing When Playing Videos (in both Explorer 9 and Chrome 18)

Does the browser crash or the whole system crash? By cycling do you mean it turns off by itself?
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
What's DOS?
marcpu

Re: 410T Crashing When Playing Videos (in both Explorer 9 and Chrome 18)

ColonelONeill wrote:
Does the browser crash or the whole system crash? By cycling do you mean it turns off by itself?

The operating system sort of hangs and cycles continuously. Maybe every 45 seconds I can move the mouse for 2-3 seconds, then the screen turns off for a bit, than flicks back on, then tries to bring up the desktop...etc. Just this loop. I usually get a memory error, also.

Subsequent to my post, I have disabled hardware acceleration for Flash...and so far, no issues. I seem to remember having this problem about 1 year ago, with this same solution (at least until a new Graphics Card driver was released by Lenovo).

Thanks,

Marc