Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
takedown
Accepted Solution

About Warranty

Some time ago I have a question I'd like to clarify. 
I'll try to summarize it because I don't want to generate confusion. 
First of all, I want to clarify that I live in Argentina. 

Last year I bought a thinkpad (T500 2081-CTO) to a college roommate.

He came from the United States for an internship (for a six months), where he brought the thinkpad, who had just bought one months ago, in June 2009. 

I have the box it says the computer was manufactured on : 2009 - 06 - 04
And the warranty page says that it expired on the same date: 2009 - 06 - 04

Supposedly, the warranty is one year, and lately I'm having problems with my thinkpad boot, a problem that I detailed in another post (http://lnv.lithium.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T500-reboot-on-startup/m-p/180789#M18371)

I wonder if I can make a warranty claim in Argentina. 
My problem arises from the hand that I am not who bought the Lenovo computer, much less I have the ticket of the purchase. Furthermore, this computer is not in the country where they buy, and as I have understood, was not declared at customs, when he entered the United States to Argentina. 

On the other hand, the warranty was one year, and when checking on the website of Lenovo, said that the security was in force, which expired in just one year. A few months later, not really because the warranty expired, but the year has elapsed since the purchase. 

In short, I may contact Lenovo to use the warranty? My thinkpad clearly has less than a year of use and is in excellent condition, except the boot problem, I'd like to solve. 
Security is a motherboard problem, and what I have read in the forum, was apparently common in T400/500 series, and I read of several users that they lenovo change the system board.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for taking the time to read these words, and I apologize if something is not understood, the problem is that my English is a bit basic.

See you

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,229
Solutions: 1,311

Re: About Warranty

So what you are saying is that the warranty expired in 2009, even though he bought it in 2009?

The warranty stays with the system, so anyone whom knows the serial and model number can claim the warranty.

International warranty is determined by the model number.

You can check here.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=LOOK-IWS#sw

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Token Ring
takedown

The first months of use the thinkpad (five months), every time I consulted on the website of lenovo the status of my warranty, I said that was in effect.
In December I returned to check the warranty status, and tells me that expired in the month of manufacture. I find something strange.

I remember last year call lenovo Argentina and the gentleman who served me gave me millions of rounds, I said I was going to register the notebook to my property.
He told me that I was missing send via fax, invoice customs of the notebook, which obviously does not possess.

Honestly when you buy the notebook I internalized this aspect and had understood that the guarantee could be used without problems.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,229
Solutions: 1,311

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-58926#lkiws

There is a statement in the IWS which state:

Argentina : Customers requiring International Warranty Service in Argentina will be asked to provide the appropriate supporting documentation to prove proper importation of the machine.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Token Ring
takedown

That confirms that I just lost my last hope.
:smileysad: