Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
naussikaa
Accepted Solution

After dis- and reconnecting CMOS battery, AC power supply to T400s stopped working

Hello all,

a few days ago, I had to dis- and then reconnect the CMOS battery. After putting my T400s back together, the AC power supply did not work any more (the computer is plugged in and the power cable works fine with other computers, but it won't supply to power to this T400s). Can't charge the battery either!

Did I disconnect/break something in my CMOS reset quest? Are there any straightforward things I could try to get it to work again?

Thanks much

K

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

Re: After dis- and reconnecting CMOS battery, AC power supply to T400s stopped working

did you statically discharge yourself when you did the cmos battery disconnection and reconnection?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
naussikaa

Re: After dis- and reconnecting CMOS battery, AC power supply to T400s stopped working

I am afraid I did not. But I was careful to only touch the plastic connector and nothing else. Afterwards the computer booted just fine (battery was still partially charged) and everything seemed to work, except for the AC power. 

lead_org

try the cmos battery reset again.
Regards,

Jin Li

Paper Tape
naussikaa

[ Edited ]

OK, will do!! Do you mind explaining briefly how that could be connected with the power problem? Thanks

lead_org

it shouldn't be connected to the power problem, but an isolated static discharge may have caused it, so you might as well try to reset the laptop bios again by removing the cmos battery.

Most likely you killed one of the power circuit component when you attempted to remove the cmos battery without first statically discharging yourself.
Regards,

Jin Li

Paper Tape
naussikaa

Most likely I did. :smileysad: How idiotic of me! Another reset did not change anything. But thanks a lot for your help.

lead_org

you can try to get a cheap series 3 port replicator and see whether the laptop would work on ac power supply connected to the dock. It should cost around 70 dollars on ebay. 

Regards,

Jin Li