Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
pc-coholic

Audio/Mic combojack pinout

Hi everyone!

I'd like to ask, if anyone can provide me with the pinout of the combojack, that new T-Thinkpads are using.

I know, that I just could plugin an apple-headset, but I need to be able to plugin other equipment too...

Thanks a lot!

Martin

Bit Torrent
Vince69

Re: Audio/Mic combojack pinout

Hello mate, In a TRRS audio jack, the tip carries the microphone signal, the first ring carries the headphone signal, the second ring carries the push-to-transmit signal and finally the sleeve is still used for the ground.

The wires in a four conductor wire are correspondingly color coded. The white wire comes from the microphone and should be soldered to terminal 1. The blue wire comes from the headphones and must connect to terminal 2. The red wire comes from the push-to-transmit button and must connect to terminal 3. Finally the black wire functions as the ground and connects to terminal 4.

Hope this helps.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

What's DOS?
pc-coholic

Thanks a lot - exactly what I wanted :smileyhappy:

Martin
Serial Port
davidhbrown

[ Edited ]

Vince69 wrote:

Hello mate, In a TRRS audio jack, the tip carries the microphone signal, the first ring carries the headphone signal, the second ring carries the push-to-transmit signal and finally the sleeve is still used for the ground.

Are you sure that's what Lenovo is doing? I thought they were doing stereo headphones on the two rings and microphone on the tip. The ThinkPad In-Ear Headphones (57Y4488) seem to be stereo (at least, no reviews have complained they aren't) and make no mention of a PTT switch for the microphone.

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Yes it's a stereo jack. Here's the pinout:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T510-combo-mic-audio-port-usage/m-p/362535#...

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Bit Torrent
Vince69

All the TRRS jacks have the same pinout. Otherwise you couldn't use all the headphones with your system.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

Community SuperMod
bananaman

To clarify, the way the TRRS jack is wired in the stereo audio/mic combo port in the newer ThinkPads, and headsets for iPhone, Blackberry, etc. is as listed in chris1's post:

Tip = Left

Ring 1 = RIght

Ring 2 = Ground

Sleeve = Microphone

The TRRS jack wiring described earlier is for some other application.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!