Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Doughnuts
Accepted Solution

BTTray.exe - System Error on T410

Hi all,

After doing a clean install of Windows 7 Pro x64 I ran the Lenovo Updates and Drivers tool to get all of the right drivers and tools for my system.  After that installed I started getting the message "BTTray.exe - System Error" "The program can't start because BtBalloon.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."  I have removed the Bluetooth driver from Device Manager but Windows reinstalls it on reboot, and I get this dialog box every time I boot.  Despite this message, I still get the system tray icon and can still communicate with Bluetooth devices, so this is more of an annoyance than a breaking issue.  Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Matt

Bit Torrent
Vince69

Re: BTTray.exe - System Error on T410

Hello mate,

Try to check your disk with an antivirus could be a malware. If not,use System File Checker.

Open Command Prompt. You must run Command Prompt as an administrator in Windows 7 and Windows Vista to use System File Checker.

Type the command sfc /scannow let the system check and repair files and restart your computer.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

Paper Tape
Doughnuts

G'Day Vince,

First off, thanks for the quick response.  I did a full system scan and have no malware or viruses.  I also ran sfc and it completed with the message "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."  A search of my system (and a manual browse through system folders) didn't find btballoon.dll either.  I'm assuming this is a tool rather than part of the driver itself, unfortunately I don't know what tool.  General Google searches don't really help much either.  Any further ideas?

Paper Tape
Doughnuts

I seem to have found a solution (though perhaps not the most ideal solution). I went into Programs and Features and uninstalled the Thinkpad Bluetooth data enhanced driver, rebooted, and the error is gone. I still have the Bluetooth tray icon so i guess it's all running fine now off the standard Windows drivers.
Bit Torrent
Vince69

Try to reinstall the latest driver now : http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70042

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

Paper Tape
Doughnuts

I installed the software from that link and all is well, no errors on startup.  Thanks for the assistance.