Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Apeman

Battery indicator location

For some reason starting a couple of years ago the battery indicator was removed from where it should be, i.e. facing the user, and put where it shouldn't, i.e. on the back of the screen where nobody sees it.

This has caused a ton of annoyance for me, with a lot of time and sometimes even work lost as the computer suddenly dies without any warning. Most times it will hibernate successfully but sometimes hibernation fails.

The best resolution would obviously be to have battery indicators on both sides of the screen, but if there can only be one then it should definitely be facing the user.

Please fix this.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Battery indicator location

As I understand there is no battery meter software by which you can check the battery detail.

There is a software Power Manager which manages the battery software.

Kindly install it to resolve your issue.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

@tanujhanda, i don't think the post is asking for a battery meter software, but rather the chosen location of the physical battery LED.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

I think what Tanuj is pointing out is that the screen is the battery indicator.  There is already a built-in Windows battery indicator in the taskbar status area, and you can also download and install Power Manager which has a battery guage toobar  which serves as an indicator.  In addition to this, Power Manager allows you to configure alarms that alert you when the battery gets down to a certain point.  There are lots of ways to solve the issue.

The front-facing battery indicator LED went away (along with several other front-facing indicators) due to customer feedback about too much clutter and flashing lights.  It's not coming back, but hopefully one of the many suggestions above can help you adjust to this.