Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
kawa_kawa

Bluetooth pairing T400 + HTC Evo 4G

[ Edited ]

Hello board --

I am unable to pair BT on HTC Evo 4G phone with BT on T400, & v.v. This has been a long running problem (machine built 3/2009) with hit or miss successes pairing other devices. Note: I have a Lenovo BT mouse which performs flawlessly.

(Edit) Also note: I am able to drop PIM vcards and vcals by BT from a palm Pilot Tungsten onto the T400, but not able to send back to Tungsten. I have in the past synced by BT this same handheld with the T400, though only when initiated by the handheld.

From Control Panel->Bluetooth Devices->Add wireless device, nothing happens. From HTC Evo phone, scanning for other BTs reveals the T400, yet T400 is unaware of device trying to connect. Both devices are set to discoverable and allowable for connections. The HTC Evo phone offers up a pairing code, but T400 sits idly by. Trying fsquirt.exe for file transfers between T400 and Evo does nothing.

From Device manager:

MS BT Enumerator ver. 6.1.6001.22200

TP BT 2.1 w/ Enhanced Data Rate (Broadcom) ver. 6.3.5.430

BT L2CAP Interface (Broadcom) ver. 6.2.0.9500

...and network adapters for PAN and RFCOMM

A Lenovo tech in Atlanta remoted in and I suppose re-installed drivers, to no avail, so phone support is nowheres.

Any assistance from the community would be greatly appreciated, as two years of searching around for a resolution to this problem has been extremely frustrating.

Mark

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thinkpad T400 2764-CTO, Intel T9400x2 2.53GHz, MS-Vista Ult SP2 x86, Broadcom BT --> HTC Evo 4G, Android 2.2

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Bluetooth pairing T400 + HTC Evo 4G

hey kawa_kawa,

could you try pairing your Evo 4G on a different computer? It is strange to read that your Lenovo BT mouse pairs fine and not with the Evo 4G.

Also if you have a different device that uses BT, could you try pairing that with the T400 ?

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Blue Screen Again
kawa_kawa

Re: Bluetooth pairing T400 + HTC Evo 4G

Serge1410 -- Followed up on your suggestions, with no success regarding connecting T400 and HTC Evo 4G phone. Phone pairs seamlessly with other laptops and phones. Recently, WIFI card was dropping connxn, and sent machine to EZServ, where system board was replaced. Also described problem with bluetooth. EZServ replaced system board, most likely flex in chassis causing dropped WIFI. On return, and after a few days use, WIFI is steady, however now i have no Bluetooth connectivity. Not even the lenovo BT laser mouse will work as had once did. Of course I followed all the usual fixes for the BT, but now a bit worse off than when originally posted this. This Bluetooth on the T400 never has really worked as billed and am disappointed. Is bluetooth technology that complicated that manufacturer cannot fix problem? -- M