Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
fst-tlk

Can't figure out what model

[ Edited ]

I'm having a multitude of problems with my T60CR-8743B6U.  It's 3 1/2 yrs. old.  I need to upgrade, hopefully to a model that I can use my 9-cell battery, advanced minidock & car charger.

At the same time, I have many specs that I'd like to meet.  I wish I could simply input the specs I want & narrow down my choices.

For instance, I want:

1 - Windows XP Pro preinstalled thru downgrade rights

2 - 128GB solid state SATA

3 - dedicated mic-in port

4 - Core i7 820QM

5 - min. 4GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1067 MHz SODIMM memory (2 DIMM)

6 - 4 USB ports

Any suggestions?

(Ignore the avatar.  I didn't realize it'd say "What's DOS?" so I'll try to figure out how to change it, since I was born & raised on DOS - still use it sometimes!)

andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Re: Can't figure out what model

fst-tlk wrote:

(Ignore the avatar.  I didn't realize it'd say "What's DOS?" so I'll try to figure out how to change it, since I was born & raised on DOS - still use it sometimes!)

welcome to the forum,

That's your forum rank, everybody now get's "born" into the community on DOS. :smileywink:

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,254
Solutions: 1,343

Re: Can't figure out what model

The last model to use the advanced mini dock is the T500/W500/T400/R400/R500 machines.

1. They can be purchased with XP pro

2. 128 gig SSD is available in certain countries, but they may be hard to find. It would be cheaper to find an aftermarket drive.

3. Yes on dedicated mic-in port.

4. No Core iX CPU.

5. You can get 4 gigs of ram.

6. only 3 usb. 

-------------

The latter T510 or W510 doesn't have dedicated mic-in port, but you can get an external usb sound card to solve the problem. XP pro is available to a limited customer base, usually corporate customers.

The W510 have 4 Ram slots. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft