Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
ZivT520
Accepted Solution

Charaging the battery while still working

Hi,

i have a T520 with a 9-cell battery and i want to know everything there is to know about how can i keep its battery in the most healthy state possible:

i learned from the guides (the T520 pdf's, which are many.. i really don't have the time to read all of them) that it is better to use the battery until it completly discharges and then to charge it to a 100% again and so on. also i understood that if i am connected to the AC a lot (meaning i am in my room or anywhere not using the portability of having a laptop) it is best to disconnect the battery in between 30%-60% and put it in a normal enviorment (dry and not high temp).

do you have more tips i should know ?

and specifically: is it ok to charge the battery while i'm working on the laptop ?

untill now i tried to chrage it while the laptop is off, but i see it's not working- it's difficult to sync between my tasks and charging

thanks in advance

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

Re: Charaging the battery while still working

1) It is probably better that you keep the battery in the laptop for two reasons,

a) it acts as UPS

b) the laptop wouldn't throttle its CPU if you are on the 65 watt adapter.

2) There is no reason why charging the battery whilst working will cause any trouble if you are using the adapter shipped with your thinkpad.

If you want to optimise your battery, then have a look at this guide.

http://leadorg.wordpress.com/technology/thinkvantage-power-manager/how-to-tpm-to-prolong-your-batter...
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Broadband 3G
JDay

lead_org wrote:
1) It is probably better that you keep the battery in the laptop for two reasons,

a) it acts as UPS

b) the laptop wouldn't throttle its CPU if you are on the 65 watt adapter.

2) There is no reason why charging the battery whilst working will cause any trouble if you are using the adapter shipped with your thinkpad.

If you want to optimise your battery, then have a look at this guide.

http://leadorg.wordpress.com/technology/thinkvantage-power-manager/how-to-tpm-to-prolong-your-batter...

If he ordered the laptop with the 9-cell battery it should have come with the 90 watt adaptor.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

ok, i didn't know that your power adapter gets upgraded when you order the 9 cells battery.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft