Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
FTJoe

Color off on T510 display but not external monitor

Looking for some direction.  Wife has a T510 with the Optimus technology that's about 15 months old.  Just yesterday the colors on the laptop screen are off.  Brown looks rust, dark grey off white,gray almost white, etc. A second display is attached via a dock and that appears to be fine.  She powered off and on again and thinks it looks better (I didn't see it). 

I'm going to get my hands on it later and see if I force it to integrated, then to discrete via the BIOS if it makes any difference.  If it doesn't could there be an issue with the panel itself that causes this problem?  I can try to post pictures of a pallet later on if necessary when I post the results of the discrete vs integrated test. 

Guru
ColonelONeill

Re: Color off on T510 display but not external monitor

[ Edited ]

Maybe some program screwed up the gamma ramps.

I know a few of my older games would directly mess with the colors and wouldn't restore them properly if they exited funny.

Try running the Windows Calibrator too. It might reset some incorrect values.

W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/670/1340, 21GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Punch Card
FTJoe

Re: Color off on T510 display but not external monitor

Well I got my hands on it. Seems okay now (which is probably bad).  Tried forcing integrated and discrete and both seemed okay.  Not sure the Bios settings were correct when I first went in, also noticed the interated settings for resolution were off as well.  I think somehow the laptop panel ended up getting the resolution and settings from the seperate monitor being used.  Sometimes there are issues with the multiple monitors set up incorrectly and we need to switch them.

But seems okay for now, thanx.