Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
andyski

Complain about Thinkpad T410 bad quality ! (Complaint Progress Updated)

[ Edited ]
Within one year around, this is the third time my T410 (SN: *, CASE NO. P4D61RF) got problems. This time  the monitor cannot display anything, it keeps black, but if i connect to other monitor, it will display normally on the other monitor. It means the laptop's own monitor got some hardware problem. And last week, the lenovo engineer came to my house to change a new monitor, but my thinkpad still cannot display anything. Then the engineer bring back the laptop for further examine and repair. So far one and half weeks passed, I didn't get any feedback and call the lenovo service center (Singapore) to complain about this, they always find some excuses.
Here I would like to address one more time: I strongly suspect this T410 product has very serious problem and the quality is too bad. I have another old ASUS laptop bought in 2004, now 7 years old already, but still can work well and I never repaired my old laptop in the past 7 years ! How come your only 1 year Thinkpad T410 got so many problems??? Last week I already request one to one exchange but the singapore lenovo care always find some excuse to reject this request !
You must take actions to be responsible for your poor quality product !!! Now I was very disappointed with your thinkpad product quality and your customer service !!! 
I hope you can face your problem bravely and honestly, not always give some excuse to customers!

Moderator edit by bananaman: Masked serial number to prevent misuse.
HDMI
-30-

Re: Complain about Thinkpad T410 bad quality !

Please be more specific; your generalities being presented give little info as to what the former problems are/were other

than the screen incident.

Regards.

I love my LENOVO.
T 410s, WIN 7, 128 SSD, 64 Ult.

I do not work for LENOVO.
802.11n
CorkyG

As I understand your message, your T410 is still in the hands of the local repair facility.  In that case, perhaps your conclusion is premature.  It is very possible to run onto a bad example of an otherwise good product.  Let us know when you get it back from being serviced.

Retired Employee
Serge1410

hey andyski,

sorry to hear about what had happen, could you pm to me the following :

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

(To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find)

Serial Number (S/N):
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate)

Description of issue :

Troubleshooting Taken : (if any)

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Serial Port
andyski

Before this T410 also had some strange problems:
1. Sometimes it will display blue screen and said "if this is your first time, please restart ..... bla bla"
2. Wireless network connection is not stable, will disconnect automatically. Because of this problem, this laptop was sent to the lenovo service center (singapore) to fix

Now, this is the third time to send back .... I called them yesterday, and I was told, they are changing LCD monitor and Mother board for this laptop .... As you can imagine, how many major components does a laptop have ?! They would change many major components, but would not like give customer one to one exchange ! So weird ! And the reason they give is that this is the first time hardware problem, so they will not change a new one. But I told them, they should not make decision denpending on how many times ! They should see how serious !
Serial Port
andyski

@CorkyG
I already check with Singapore lenovo service center many times, they said they already change the LCD monitor and mother board for this laptop, but they still have some problems, they are still debuging.....And the service center is not sure when they will fix it ! So disappointed ! This T410 product is not stable, in the last year, I meet strange problems several times, make me very disappointed .... My 7 years old ASUS laptop still can work very well, I never repair it .....
Serial Port
andyski

@Serge1410

I already send you the information you needed. Please help to investigate. I hope your lenovo can behave as what you said to customer. BTW, the service of lenovo care (singapore) is very bad, not helpful, and always give some unreasonable execuses ! They never regard these problems are their product faults ! So disappointed with lenovo !
HDMI
-30-

Give Serge a break as he has replyed to you only a couple of hours ago. Being demanding will get you nowhere fast.

Regards.

I love my LENOVO.
T 410s, WIN 7, 128 SSD, 64 Ult.

I do not work for LENOVO.
Serial Port
andyski

So far, there is no any response ... so frustrated with lenovo customer care

almost two weeks, didn't give the customer any response !!!

Serial Port
andyski

still waiting without any deadline .... even ask the lenovo service center, they are also not sure how long I need to wait !!!!!
How come this so high tech T410 got so serious problem??? only 1 year !!!
And lenovo don't want to give one to one exchange, their reason is that this is the first time hardware problem .......So ridiculous !