Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
jheoaustin
Accepted Solution

Conexant audio device driver won't install on T510 with windows XP SP2

I am having trouble in installing audio driver for Conexant audio device on an SSD with windows XP SP2 installed already.  After running the installer, it tries for a while, and says media device can't be found.  But booting from the win7-loaded internal drive, I can see it in the device manager.  I also see a few devices like base system device(?) in 'Other devices' category.  Could you help me get audio on the windows XP?

Paper Tape
jheoaustin

Re: Conexant audio device driver won't install on T510 with windows XP SP2

I was able to reduce the number of devices without drivers down to 2, and also installed XP update Q888111, but this still doesn't install and says it can't find the media device.
Guru
Mornsgrans

[ Edited ]

Base system device = Ricoh cardreader

Did you install the Intel Chipset Driver and the Power Management Driver?

See http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=HT004905

--------------------------------
My home-forum: http://www.thinkpad-forum.de
Wiki: Deutsches ThinkPad-Wiki English ThinkWiki
My ThinkPad-Collection
Paper Tape
jheoaustin

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply that led me to helpful information. Unfortunately, it didn't fix the issue, but I think I'm closer to the resolution of this issue.

So, I believed I installed Intel chip set and power management drivers, but did uninstall and re-install including .NET F/W 3.5.  Unfortunately it didn't work.

Your link led to pages of unknown/driver-less drivers and made me check more detail.  I had only 2 PCI devices left in 'Other devices' category, so I checked the details of those as below:

1. PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0BE3: I searched this item on the web, finding that the vendor is Nvidia, but could find device 0x0be3.

2. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV3B56: this is vendor Intel, but again no device found.  The closest one is SoL device, though.

So, it appears somehow the Conexant audio device is not even in 'Other device' category, and the intaller can't find the device.  I wonder if some other driver grabbed this device, so it's not available for driver installation.  I will do more investigation, but please help me address this.  Thank you again, and in advance.

P.S. : I don't see the SoL driver installed after installing Intel drivers, and there is no 'Ports' category in the device manager, either.

Paper Tape
jheoaustin

Hi,

I finally found the resolution.  Somehow, I found a different winXP patch for UAA.  I previously installed one with label 'Q888111', but found another labeled 'KB888111' and installing it made Conexant device show up right away.  I am not sure why 2 patches behave differently, but I am good to go now.  Thank you again for your support.