Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
alee5789

Re: nVidia NVS 3100M DP HMDI Audio Fix Win7 64 Solution

James' solution did not specifically address NVS 3100M.

I had trouble instaling the older Nvidia driver 8.16.11.8955 per James' instructions, and I think it had to do with NVS 3100M.

alk753's procedure looks promising and I will try it tonight.
Blue Screen Again
alk753

Sorry about the double post.

I just received one of the approved cables and it does indeed work with the latest release of the NVS3100 video driver. Definitely the way to go. If you cant source one, rev back the driver.

Wish I had seen the James's solution earlier, it was a fun puzzle anyways. I did all my work independently from his post, so for what's worth, definitely give it a shot and hope it works for you.

James has the 32bit drivers linked as well.

Guru
ColonelONeill

I think it would've been fair to say that, implicitly, NVidia cards were affected. NVS3100M is an element of NVidia cards. :smileytongue:

Both link to the same driver, anyway, and are essentially the same steps. although alk753's procedure seems more aggressive in that it manually wipes leftover files. CCleaner might help clean up dead-end registry entries too.

It'd be interesting to see a compatibility shim in newer NVidia drivers for the sake of supporting "unsupported" cables/adapters.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/670/1340, 21GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Punch Card
des519

@Jamez,

"Nvidia has provided a list of compatible dongle which will work with the latest drivers.

List provided by them includes the one they are selling in their store.

http://store.nvidia.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=nvidia&Locale=en_US&Env=B...

The other one which is confirmed working by engineering is the one Lenovo is selling in the shop.lenovo.com."

For the sake of all non US T whatever owners, who want to keep the latest NVS3100M driver, can we have the exact specification for this new dongle (the description on both websites is not complete) in order to source an equivalent dongle OUTSIDE of the USA.
T410 - i7 ssd windows 8.1 preview x64
Blue Screen Again
alk753

[ Edited ]

des,

Here is another option If you can source this cable from Dell UK. I have personally tested it 100% working with latest nVidia NVS3100M driver on my T410.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=330-1271&baynote_bnrank=1&...

Dell UK has one but the descriptions don't match:

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=uk&l=en&cs=ukdhs1&sku=470-10981&baynote_bn...

Definitely give Dell UK a call, this may be your solution.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Token Ring
alee5789

I still cannot revert back to the older driver.

I get this message while trying to install the older Window 7 64-bit driver 8.16.11.8955:

"The NVIDIA Setup orgram could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware.  Setup will now exit."

My T410 was purchased in November/December 2010.

Blue Screen Again
alk753

[ Edited ]

alee,

- In device manager, what device do you see installed under "display adapters"?

- In control panel, do you see any entries that start with NVidia at this time?

- Install CPU-Z.... ftp://ftp.cpuid.com/cpu-z/cpu-z_1.57-setup-en.exe

Once installed, run it and click on the Graphics tab, what display device is listed there?

Token Ring
alee5789

I have a T410, not T410s or T410i.

I've restored back to the working setup:

I have Intel(R) HD Graphics and NVIDIA NVS 3100M under Display adapters.

Also have NVIDIA Control Panel, which was removed when I last tried to revert to old driver.

Based on the message I saw when I tried to install the older driver, I would guess my hardware, being built after the driver was written, may have something that is different from the earlier T410 machines.

In any case, I have decided not to revert to the older driver and its problems.  I would prefer to see Lenovo solve this problem.

I actually see NVIDIA High Definition Audio under the Sound control panel.  "HDMI" is a choice in Smart Audio control panel, but I cannot select it (can click it but cannot get check mark on it).

Retired Employee
JameZ

@alee5789,

You can't select it because the driver is detecting your dongle as a DP -> DVI port rather than a DP -> HDMI ... therefore there won't be audio transmitting over.

There won't be any progress unless Nvidia decides to remove this dongle check on their driver.

We have already provided you with the recommended dongle and several forumers has suggested compatible dongles as well or you could use the workaround by downgrading the driver.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Token Ring
alee5789

Is there any recommendation for a DP to HDMI CABLE? I am not using a dongle. I am using a DP to HDMI CABLE. Also I can't install the old driver, as I mentioned a few times in this thread.