Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
cch2r

Electronic Service Call Woes

Wondering if anyone can share some tips on how to navigate the IBM electronic service call maze.

My T510 (from my laymen's vantage point) started killing hard drives.  I had the 250gb factory drive die on me and I then also had a second (extra) drive get fried after about a week of use when I started Windows7 in a partition on that machine.

About 4 weeks ago I iniated a service call as I am still under warranty for the machine.  I tried to explain my problem to whatever rep called me and was simply mailed a new hard drive (not a solution to the problem).  I finally got a box shipped to me to ship the whole machine in for service and have tracked its progress.  For a few days I was at HF with no explanation, escalated the call, and now I am HF "Billable Hold" with no additional explanation.

I've tried to get a person on the phone several times, but I'm at work and cannot spend the (I suspect) 90 minutes on hold it would take to actually get someone. 

I would love to know if there is a route to get some direct answers quickly.  As it stands I've been without my PC for about 4 weeks and my frustration level is rising.

Community Moderator
richk

Re: Electronic Service Call Woes

Billable hold means there is something not covered by the warranty and they need authorization to proceed. You should call in the morning. They are in the eastern time zone