Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
cecilyen

Re: Ericsson f3507g firmware R1D6 coming?

[ Edited ]

I really think if Lenovo can't give us new firmware update, we should return the WAN card.

We desire better service and should not waste time to debug for them.

Once the CS recieve enough complain, they may force to consider an firmware update.

Or if the firmware is not upgradable,  Lenovo should issue a recall.

We have wait long enough, nearly a year for them to fix this.

Any idea how to return the card and ask for a replacemenst or refund?

x200 Tablet, 4GB RAM, Pen/Hand Touch Screen
Windows 7 Pro x64
Paper Tape
Newty

Well.. Finally I moved away from my DSL and am currently depending only on my WWAN. I am stable here in the center of an larger city. Had only one disconnect at all.

Punch Card
aphalo

[ Edited ]

I regularly travel by train. A 500 km trip, taking nearly 5 hours. I have a new T500 with this card (firmware R1B/1, hardware A0A). I have done this trip three times back and forth and I have had a dropped connection three times in all. During the trip I go many times through changes between 3G, Edge and GPRS, and also regions with almost no signal. Operator is Elisa, and I am in Finland. At times there are pauses in transmission but the connection resumes after a while when the signal strength improves.

Paper Tape
Newty

This is roughly my expirience. Wenn there is not that much network load at your providers cell, everthing runs smoothly, even handovers are quite stable and fast now. But when there is heavier load, everything is a mess. I couldn't even connect at Leipzig Main Station, had to use Bluetooth and my Nokia 3G Handset :smileysad:

billbolton
Topics: 68
Kudos: 167
Solutions: 103

I recently bought a new X200 that has an F3507g with R1D6 firmware in it, I also have a T400 that has a F3507g with R1D1 firmware in it.

I cannot detect any difference in 3G performance between the two cards, and both are working fine for me.

YMMV.

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
HDMI
DangerMouse

Well my card has R1B1, and its problematic at best.

DangerMouse
Current Machines : T420s/W530/X1CT
Fanfold Paper
Dekalog

I have a T400 with a factory built F3507g (firmware version R1B/1). Since the beginning I have had problems with a stability of internet connection. Sometimes it works for few hours but sometimes it is broken after a minute. The operator is Orange PL and the signal is 80% strong. When I watch an Event Viewer I can find an information just in the same time as the disconnections. The source of it is Browser, number of event is 8033 and the description is as follows “The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{ 5F977D4E-5F75-4884-A453-3AFE3AEB20CD } because a master browser was stopped.”.

I have made a lot of attempts to improve the situation. Even I was trying to use a Wireless Manager from Ericsson. But it was too slow for me however the connection was much more stabilized and I did not get the information mentioned above.

Guys do you received the same information in yours Evenet Viewer as I do? Maybe the solution is just to repair a problem with the Main Browser?

In my opinion it is a problem with proper IP addressing but I’m not good enough to solve it:smileyhappy:

Regards.

HDMI
DangerMouse

bill out of interest are your cards official Lenovo ? Even brand new X301s coming to the UK specifically still have R1B1 on them, which is strange as you have newer firmware.

Thanks

DangerMouse
billbolton
Topics: 68
Kudos: 167
Solutions: 103

DangerMouse wrote:

bill out of interest are your cards official Lenovo?

Yes, they are.

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
HDMI
DangerMouse

Interesting.

I wish someone from Lenovo would pop in on this post and give a bit of feedback to reassure us.

DangerMouse