Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
davidpfitz

Re: Ericsson f3507g firmware R1D6 coming?

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same problem as you lot, unfortunately ... I don't know what firmware version I am running, though. Can someone tell me how I can check?

Thanks,

David.

EDIT: It's R1B1. The SonyEricsson connection manager told me this. But it too wouldn't work ... saying "SIM Not Found". Still, I am unconvinced it's anything to do with the connection manager since whether I use Access Connections or Vodafone's own connection manager, I get the same stalling / dropout behavious everyone else gets.

Best wait for R1D6 I guess. Or go back to using my USB dongle. It's stable, if ugly looking.

802.11n
pleon

Well, Dell offers Firmware update for this 3G card http://3g-modem.wetpaint.com/page/Ericsson+F3507G So hopefully, Lenovo will do the same.
----------------------------------------------------
Lenovo T440s, 20AQ0067MC, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 UEFI, Samsung 840 EVO SSD 250 GB, 8 GB RAM
Lenovo T430s, 2356LQG, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 UEFI, Intel 520 SSD 180 GB, 8 GB RAM
Lenovo T420s, 4171-6SG, Windows 8 Pro x64 UEFI, Intel 320 SSD 120 GB, 8 GB RAM
Lenovo T400s, 2808-CYG, Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Ctrl-Alt-Del
davidpfitz

If only. It's a total pain - the firmware has been available from Ericsson for ages, and lots of people are having the same problem.

For me, it's got so bad I've reverted to using a USB dongle.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
davidpfitz

[ Edited ]

Well, I got fed up enough with this to send the card back to Lenovo and got them to send me out a new part - 43Y6537 - which had the R1D6 firmware loaded on it.

So far, so good ... no stalls (yet!). I'll report back with any developments ... :smileyhappy:

EDIT: Nope. Still am getting stalls today. Maybe where I work is just saturated, and the cell cannot cope?

Serial Port
thetaphi

Re: Ericsson F3507g keeps disconnecting

In Windows 7, you dont need Access Connections or any other software to connect, the device driver is enough (as windows 7 detects it as a standard wwan network adaptor). The card appears in the standard windows wireless networks list on task bar, just select it with right mouse, enter APN and then it works like any other network card on your computer, you can even configure that it automatically connects when no other network is available and you are in your home network and so on. I did not loose connection here in germany, but i have another problem:

The Device is suddenly disappearing from device manager (only the compound device stays alive) after awaking from standby or hibernate mode (not always, but quite often). The device then even does not appear anymore in Fn+F5 and the network adaptor is also gone. To reenable, you have to reboot the whole machine - which is stupid. The firmware on my device is the problematic one. Has anybody found a patched installer for the firmware somewhere?

802.11n
pleon

bluetooth and wwan problems after standby occurs, if you try linux on ypour laptop. have you ytried some linux distribution? Even run from liveCD, for example Ubuntu makes these problems. If this is your case, just go to BIOS and set default values. Then problem should be solved.
----------------------------------------------------
Lenovo T440s, 20AQ0067MC, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 UEFI, Samsung 840 EVO SSD 250 GB, 8 GB RAM
Lenovo T430s, 2356LQG, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 UEFI, Intel 520 SSD 180 GB, 8 GB RAM
Lenovo T420s, 4171-6SG, Windows 8 Pro x64 UEFI, Intel 320 SSD 120 GB, 8 GB RAM
Lenovo T400s, 2808-CYG, Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Serial Port
thetaphi

[ Edited ]

Thanks,

I never had a bluetooth problem after standby, only the WWAN card does not reappear. I tried your suggestion and restored default BIOS setting (F9 in BIOS screen) and i will try. The "switched off WWAN card" only occurs sometimes, maybe each 3 to 5 wakeups from stand by.

But still I would like to have the WWAN BIOS update. So can I call lenovo support and get a replacement with newer Firmware? Mine is a 43Y6513 with the old firmware. I have full warranty support on site.

By the way: I also use Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Serial Port
thetaphi

Hi again,

This morning again the device disappeared. One possibility to reactzivate it was to switch it of using the hardware wirless switch and switch on again.

I'll call lenovo support.

What's DOS?
JamesCreedy

Hi guys I thought I would just let you know, I was experiencing the same problems as you with my f3507g disconnecting randomly and coming back randomly. This would happen daily.

Lenovo have swapped my wan card for a new one with the same firmware R1B/1. I haven't had any disconnects for a month. So I'm pretty sure this is a hardware problem and not a firmware issue. If your laptop is under warranty give Lenovo a call ASAP and get one of their field engineers to swap it out pronto!

Cheers

Paper Tape
fantomel

upgrade done and solved a lot of problems.

Proof here:

===FW upgrade started ===
Send DISCONNECT_UCM
Done DISCONNECT_UCM
Time: Sat Jul 10 13:29:51 2010
FW_Installer: FW Updater - CXP9013117_10-R1Z03
Driver version:
Driver package version: 1.0.12.1
FW version: R1B/1 -> R1D06
HW version: KRD 131 14/103 R1J
FWInstDlg OK Pressed
FW_Installer: Optional assignment 1 done
Send CONNECT_UCM
Done CONNECT_UCM
RESULT (0): Upgrade finishied succesfully
=== FW Update finished ===

Modified firmware from dell as said on post 15 that did the job can be found here: http://www.etehnica.ro/f3507g.exe