Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
amrs

Fingerprint reader red led on all the time?

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have a Thinkpad T510i with Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Since a few days ago, the fingerprint reader's red led is on all the time.  It's very bright and distracting and lights up as soon as the machine is turned on, so probably not a driver issue in Windows. Otherwise the fingerprint reader works fine. I've tried removing the battery for a while, but that didn't help. I've also tried disabling the reader in BIOS. The reader was disabled but the led stays on regardless.

Any ideas? I guess I'll just have to send this for repair if I can't turn the led off otherwise.

What's DOS?
W510_510

Re: Fingerprint reader red led on all the time?

I have the same problem too, same OS, the only difference is that I'm using a thinkpad W510, I'm suspecting the problem lies within the software itself, but if anyone has a solution to fix the problem, please help us out :smileyhappy:
tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Fingerprint reader red led on all the time?

Hello amrs and welcome to community,

Kindly uninstall fingerprint reader driver and software and check if the red led glows.

If then also the issue persist then update the BIOS

BIOS Update (Bootable CD) for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP

BIOS update utility for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP

If the issue continues then you need to send the laptop to the service center.

Please share the status.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!