Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
calkenneth

Re: How to Enable Rapid Boot Extreme Lenovo enhanced 2.0 experience)

If you have an SSD drive, it should work if you download the Rapid Boot software from the driver's page.
Guru
PeterTWJ

Hi all

From what I know, only this submodel of T420s are available to purchase with RapidBoot Extreme. Other submodel would only have RapidBoot like other machines.

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/builder.workflow:Enter?sb=%3A...

Happy 2012! :smileytongue::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy:

Peter
W520 (4284-A99)

Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve | Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future 

=====================================

Sound Enthusiast and Enhancement (Post comments, share mixes, etc.)

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Dolby-Home-Theater-v4-for-most-Lenovo-Laptops/td-p/62...

Paper Tape
Triforce

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I have the same issue, "Rapid" boot is not possible to activate in BIOS.

I have a ThinkPad T420s (4174-PEG) with SSD and installed latest RapidBoot tool.

RapidBoot Extreme Utility in Control Panel in Windows is NOT visible..

I hope someone knows, how to help us..

I bought the T420s for rapidboot, too !

Regards

Bit Torrent
tripplec

I think its all smoke and mirrors. A Lenovo app/interface tweak and they imply its something you'll want or love etc. I don't see my system flying to attention even though its about 10 quantum leaps above my Core Duo of my main laptop. It has 5400RPM drive (I don't know why they insist on using slower dino technology still) and not 7200 which helps max I/O.

As for BIOS rapid boot. Those are usually an option for the system to finish its boot bios pre load stages quickly. How it historically done is, well it skips non essential check and stages to get to the OS loading quicker. Is that better, not really since there could be basic hardware issues that will go ignored/undetected until the OS either crashes or flags a problem caused by the hardware. Most of us have it enable regardless but when trouble shoot an issue. I might be smart to disable rapid startup for the test to process. Manuals and details which explain the ramifications of various settings and what/why its there are a thing of the past. Owners manual are nothing more than disclaimer and safety using the system to prevent law  suits because your figures cease to function due to too much keyboard use or frying you private parts.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3
Paper Tape
Triforce

Though it should work in my opinion. Sad, that it doesn't!

Anybody here wo knows how to get the RapidBoot working?

I've seen several threads in different forums now and nobody has a clue.. 

Bit Torrent
tripplec

There are things her that only those working and servicing/supporting them can answer. This is one and that lenovo support should know the answer to or they're not trained in their products.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3
Guru
PeterTWJ

[ Edited ]

Hi all

For those who are using the T420s with RapidBoot Extreme, are you using Lenovo preload or you reinstall your OS? From what I know, RapidBoot Extreme is a special preload and not available as a download. It may not work if you are doing a clean install of Windows 7, as it does not contain RapidBoot Extreme Software. Maybe you could try System Update to see if you are able to get from it.

Have a nice day! :smileytongue::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy:

Peter

W520 (4284-A99)

Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve | Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future

=====================================

Sound Enthusiast and Enhancement (Post comments, share mixes, etc.)

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Dol​by-Home-Theater-v4-for-most-Lenovo-Laptops/td-p/6...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Slate-Tablets/​IdeaPad-Tablet-Sound-Enhancement-Thread/td-p/7150...

Bit Torrent
ThorsHammer

Bananman's reply in this thread spells out what you can and can't do.  If you want the really fast rapidboot extreme, you have to order the machine model that is factory configured.  UEFI secret sauce.

Lenovo FTSS - Contributor
ThinkGreen

Hi all,

I think that's all a big misunderstanding.

Rapid Boot is a technique setting up an internal µSSD to assist a normal spinning drive in retrieving the OS files faster and hence speed up the boot process. There is no gain if the main drive is already a SSD.

The files needed (or wanted) to be stored on this µSSD (which shares a slot with the WWAN card, so you can have either WWAN or RapidBoot) are determined by the Software that gets installed along with it (called driver in this thread).

This extremely fast drive is invisible to the user. It is part of the C:\ drive and cannot be accessed individually. There is no need for intervention or configuration, hence there is no GUI needed.

So one way to determine whether RapidBoot is working on your machine, is to check the boottime. If booting takes longer than 40 Sec it's probably not installed (unless you have a real packed Windows image, with lots of stuff being initialized right from the start)

I hope that clarifies the effectiveness of RapidBoot a bit.

cYa ... Dirk©

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
As money not spent, won't make anyone richer
so knowledge not shared, won't make anyone wiser.

... and no, I'm not working for DELL
Paper Tape
jglass02

fyi, I see nothing on lenovo's website for "rapid boot extreme",

I see "enhanced experience 2.0", and "enhanced experience 2.0+ with rapiddive".

And I see no laptop on their site with the "ee2.0+"  Logo.