Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
DC-8

How to activate the webcam in T510

A newbie in this forum but not a computer newbie says hello to the community.

I just bought a T510. To my surprise, there was no user's manual enclosed (and in the meantime hade been told by the Lenovo hotline that no such document exists). I therefore have to ask this ridiculous question: How do I activate (switch on) the built-in webcam without installing additional software? I'm on Win7 pro (64 bit), if this is of any help. Thanks for any advice.

Punch Card
awjc11

Re: How to activate the webcam in T510

You can press Fn F6 to see yourself on your webcam.  As for those fancy programs that you see on Sony, HP, Toshiba and Dell which allow you to take pics of yourself with backgrounds and add special effects to yourself, you won't find them on a business laptop like thinkpads.  You'll need to install a third party software like manycam or something like that.

Blue Screen Again
DC-8

Thanks a bunch for your reply! I'll come back to your suggested solution as soon as I get my machine again. After using it less than a week, the OS crashed so that I had to do a re-instal, afterwards it went berserk to that it now went to the repair shop...

Blue Screen Again
DC-8

After the repair (HD and memory were exchanged), I confirm that Fn+F6 opens the webcam. Is it correct that there is no way to take a picture with this camera?
Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Try Yawcam:  http://www.yawcam.com/

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

What's DOS?
luco007

Have find a solution
Can you give my it if you have resolve this problem
thank
Broadband 3G
JDay

[ Edited ]

You'll need to install 3rd party webcam software if you want to take a picture. Manycam is one such free program.

Maliha