Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
brianmeek2

Intermittent bluetooth audio issue on ThinkPad T410s

[ Edited ]

Hello folks,

I have a new T410s (2901-CTO) running Win7-64.  Experiencing a strange issue with a bluetooth headset installed using Hands Free profile: during the course of a VOIP conversation (Skype or Google Voice), the call audio will be perfectly clear one moment, then become garbled a static noise overrunning the audio, then sound clear again.  This happens repeatedly every 30 seconds or so (but not at a regular interval). 

The garbled sound sounds almost like a blown-out speaker - like flapping static over the speech or other audio coming at me...  Then it goes clear again and sounds great. VOIP calls using the built-in speakers and microphone(s) sound fine. 

I've tried two different headsets that show the same problem - both work fine on other machines and via my cell phone. 

All drivers are current, reinstalled etc.

I suspect some kind of radio interference?  Driving me nuts because VOIP is now "the law" where I work. 

If relevant, I have the multitouch display (worthless), and the top-of-the-line "Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN" WiFi. Supposedly this WiFi has the triple-antenna so...

Any thoughts?   

802.11n
Ideasmiths

Re: Intermittent bluetooth audio issue on ThinkPad T410s

[ Edited ]

Self deleted....wrong suggestion as I didn't read your post correctly

Fanfold Paper
brianmeek2

Bump - anyone else experience this bluetooth noise issue?

Retired Employee
JameZ

@brianmeek2,

I am not sure if the T410 bluetooth module is the same as the ones that T410s has however am able to stream music and use my headset for VOIP (Avaya) calls.

Just wondering if you could try doing VOIP calls when the laptop is connected directly to a LAN cable and see if you are getting interference?

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Fanfold Paper
brianmeek2

Well, I had purchased the on-site service option, so Lenovo sent out a guy with a replacement bluetooth adapter for the laptop. 

The problem noise now seems to occur less frequently...  In fact, I had thought we had it beat, but doing a Skype call just now it surfaced again.  Sigh...

JameZ - thanks for the thought regarding use of WiFi.  I had tried disabling the WiFi adapter and using just a wired connection at my home office as part of my troubleshooting process, but it made no difference. At my other office, my only Internet connection is a Verizon 4G USB modem (the Pantech UML 290), and it happens there too.  Although it's somewhat high-latency, the LTE modem's throughput really rocks, btw :-). 

Still looking for ideas to troubleshoot this one...  Due to the differences of the two BT interface cards, I speculate that we may have an inherent interference issue in the T410s - perhaps a result of mine having the darn Multitouch display?

-- brian

Guru
ColonelONeill

Try running DPClat from:
http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Look for spikes when it garbles.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/670/1340, 21GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Blue Screen Again
derekfank

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi derekfrank, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

I think your post is empty because of the temporary problem we're experiencing with Internet Explorer 9. Sorry about that! Here's the forum announcement and suggestions for ways around that:

15th March 2011

Users of Internet Explorer 9 are experiencing problems creating posts and private messages. The content is lost and appears blank when posted. While this is being investigated and fixed, please use Quick Reply, Internet Explorer 9's Compatibility Mode, or an alternate browser to post. Thank you.

Keep on posting!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Blue Screen Again
derekfank

Hi BrianMeek2 and all others,

I am having the same exact problem with my Edge 14's bluetooth. Have updated all and tried 2 different headsets with the same results. If your problem gets fixed please advise. Getting same garbled sound intermittently.