Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Splambob

Is it possible to use Stereo Mix on my T400/T410?

[ Edited ]

I've been googling for the past hour to try and find this out, it's all a bit fuzzy.  Some sources are saying it's just disabled by default, and it's possible to enable it using a registry hack or a program, others are saying that the RIAA has unleashed a terrible conspiracy to stop good-thinking people across the globe from wielding Stereo Mix's incredible power.  Whichever reason it may be, Stereo Mix isn't in sight, and I'm looking really hard.  Who thought recording online conversations would be so difficult?

Any suggestions or solutions?  Right now I feel like I've just bought a crippled laptop, and I don't particularly want to be forced to pull out my wallet again and buy it some crutches.

Cheers.

Agotthelf
Topics: 145
Kudos: 262
Solutions: 183

Re: Is it possible to use Stereo Mix on my T400?

Hello Splambob,

unfortunately, the stereomix feature is disabled, by hardware, since T/ R /X 61 series.

It seem there is no workaround to get to work. Please have a look at this extenisive thread

on thinkpads.com.

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Paper Tape
Splambob

Gah, no!  I guess I should have feared the worst while I was making the thread.  I don't understand why Lenovo would spoil what is otherwise a very nice little laptop by hindering its functionality.  Trust me, I'm impressed with most of the other functions and it's a solid little box, but excuse me if I look towards other manufacturers before buying my next machine.

I shouldn't be taking this out on anyone but when I drop a significant part of £1000 on something, I expect more than crippled performance, and I'd like to drop it in the direction of a manufacturer who doesn't fold under the pressure of silly demands by uninformed activists - assuming the RIAA rumour is true.  I'm a little bit annoyed.

Anyway, thanks for the speedy help.  It's much appreciated.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,254
Solutions: 1,343

it is probably do to with all the copy right issues, Lenovo is not the only manufacturers that is doing this. Just a get a pcmcia or usb sound card. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
Splambob

Yeah, it's looking more and more likely that I'm going to end up doing that, I was hoping that I'd be able to find a free workaround though.  Thanks, I'll consider it.  Not like I've got a shortage of USB ports on this machine anyway.

What's DOS?
bnywening

Well... I TRIED THAT..... but i STILL can't see the line in options of my beloved Behringer UFO202 USB audio input device. I've been using this thing to digitize old 78RPM recordings as well as using it at my church to digitize live events and sermons. I believe that both of these activities are LEGAL and I feel that Lenovo has no right to limit the pursuit of my hobbies in this manner, not to mention rendering my hardware useless.

I don't care if you choose to hide the options to use the internal audio components, they are pretty poor anyhow, but don't mess with the external devices. I guess  I'll be buying a MAC for recording, but I'll sure as heck test to make sure they they didn't cave into the RIAA as well

At some point the 'genuises' at RIAA are going to have to realize that if make it too onerous to so things legally, work arounds ARE going to be found and they'll get NOTHING. Remember the debate over VCRs? The movie industry argued that people would steal movies and they would be put out of business. Well what actually happened? Studios make more money on selling movies to consumers with (now DVD players) than they make in the theater. WAKE UP RIAA!

If anyone has a suggestion for restoring my audio controls for the Behringer, I'd love to hear them

Blue Screen Again
pro1001

Lenovo artificially disables STEREO MIX in T410 sound driver???

I want to use an audio program to record a conversation to make it available as a podcast. One of the software tools includes Audacity, which I downloaded. When testing, I could only hear my own voice, my friend's voice (over Skype) did not make the recording. Went to the Audigy forums, googled the error and found that the Lenovo sound drivers are disabled for STEREO MIX, which is the very option needed to record a 2-way audio conversation.

I'm not really interested in hacking the driver as suggested in this link. Looks way complicated for an artificial restriction. Anybody has experienced this? Have you been able to enable STEREO MIX on a T410? Lenovo, can we have a functional driver please?

Paper Tape
at410tp

Re: Lenovo artificially disables STEREO MIX in T410 sound driver???

I have the same problem. I want to record bird sounds from web streams. These restrictions are not helpful. I seached the web extensively, there is no legal solution for Win 7 to my knowledge.

Paper Tape
at410tp

I also look for a solution to record in STEREO MIX, because I want to "record what I hear", in my case various bird sounds from web cams...

Thank you!

Martin

Paper Tape
freepizza

Re: Lenovo artificially disables STEREO MIX in T410 sound driver???

I have done it - a software workaround on XP :smileyvery-happy:. CAn also be done on Win7 and Vista I  heave read.

1. Installed "Virtual.Audio.Cable.v4.09"

2. start VAC 4.09, in "Wave in" select "Conexant HD Audio input". in "Wave out" select "Virtual Cable 1"

3. Opened "Sound and audio devices properties" on XP.

4. On Audio Tab selected for "sound playback" and "Sound Recording" "Virtual Cable 1". Done the Same for Voice Tab.

APPLY. Go have fun 

To inflamable and BEYOND!!!!!