Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
uhaas
Accepted Solution

Issue connecting to 802.11n networks on Vista or Windows 7

Hi,

Under both Vista Enterprise and Windows 7 Enterprise, I can connect to a 802.11n network only if the computer has not slept or hibernated. If the computer sleeps or hibernates, I can no longer connect to a 802.11n network until I reboot. However, I can still access 802.11b/g just fine after sleeping.

Is this an Intel 5100 AGN issue or a driver issue.

One fix was to disable "Power Savings" in device manager for the adapter, but that seems to make the system want to blue screen from time to time.

Not sure if this is a Hardware issue, Intel driver issue or a Windows issue. Perhaps someone could post a good solution, driver version or hotfix.

Fanfold Paper
jrhees

Re: Issue connecting to 802.11n networks on Vista or Windows 7

My T510 has a similar issue where it cannot connect to certain networks after a sleep or hibernate cycle. Currently my 'workaround' is to open 'View Network Connections' under control panel, right click on the AGN adapter, and choose 'disable' then re-'enable' it. Then it will connect fine. I know this is a workaround, but it does indicate that a revised driver should be able to fix the issue.

Jon

Paper Tape
mcvosi

There are issues with the Intel version 13.0 drivers on Windows 7.  Intel will be releasing 13.1 soon that fixes a lot of the instability.  

Ctrl-Alt-Del
uhaas

Either the Microsoft updates or Lenovo Power updates that came out last week fixed this. I didn't need Intel updates.