Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
casep

Keyborad layout in new models

Hi:

I've noticed that in new models (T410 and so on) there's a change in the keyboard layout, so now there's a double sized "Supr." key instead of the "Insert/Supr." keys.

Is there an option keyboard with the old layout?

I've a T400 which I'm thinking to replace but I can't use that new keyboard configuration (after years using the old layout is just to hard for my "fingers" to change, since my very old T23, I'vent changed to any other brand because of the keyboard!) I've tested it on a T410 and I made too many typos because of it.

Thanks

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

Re: Keyborad layout in new models

no there is only one keyboard layout offered, which is the one you got now.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
802.11n
CorkyG

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Corky-G/T510KB.jpg This is a T510 keyboard - which key are you talking about?
Blue Screen Again
casep

I can't dsee the imae

The Supr./Delete key it's now using the space where before was the Insert/Supress (Delete) key (upper - right)

http://www.dell-laptop-battery.com/images/IBM_T400_Keyboard.jpg

http://static.techspot.com/articles-info/262/images/11b.jpg

802.11n
CorkyG

The first image is so small the key names don't show. However, the second image is exactly the same as mine. The DELETE key is double size. The Insert key is directly above F12. To its left, the BREAK key is a combo with Fn. I have never seen a Supr key. I just checked my old T60, and it has Insert above Delete. To left is Pause and Fn combo for break. No such key as Supr.
Blue Screen Again
casep

Yep, sorry.

Supr. = Suprimir = Delete in Spanish.

802.11n
CorkyG

Got it! Yes - that is a change. My old T60 has the two keys as you prefer - Inseert above Delete. To see this image you may have to copy and paste the URL into your browser's address line This is the T60 keyboard: http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Corky-G/T60KB.jpg
Paper Tape
jaarch

In the Ideapad P500  the hotkeys change volume, screen brightness etc.   This is backwards from the usual standard of pressing Fn + F (hotkey) to affect changes  Is it possble to change the hotkeys to work only when the Fn key is pressed? Many programs us the F() keys for routine tasks e.g. F7 to spell check in MS Office

Hotkeys are a huge negative for me.   In one of my programs I use the F1 to F8 keys three or four times a minute and it is very inconvenient not to have use of these keys.  I may change the screen brighness or volume 2 or 3 times a month, how necessary is it to have such minor functions available when many more important ones are unavailable? 

Guru
ColonelONeill

@jaarch,
It should be available as a toggle in BIOS.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Paper Tape
jaarch

Thanks for your reply.  With windows 8 the BIOS is replaced with a UEFI with added security that  prevents malware changes to the bios on bootup and generally speeds up the boot and resume from hibernation.  Is it possible to make changes to the UEFI?