Support in other languages: 
HDMI
veechee
Accepted Solution

Laptop returned from service depot with a missing cap

[ Edited ]

I just had a ThinkPad T410s returned from a service depot here in Canada.  It was sent in to replace a small part on the underside of the laptop, which was repaired.  However, it came back with one of the screws on the display missing it's cover.  Based on some other posts I had read on here, I took pictures of the laptop when I packed it to go to the depot, so I know 100% that this part wasn't missing when I sent it in for service.

Link to picture

I've called support and I asked them to just send me the cover so that I could snap it on.  However, they said they could not find a part # for it, so I'd have to send the laptop back to the depot for service again.  Can anyone on identify the kit that would contain this part so that I can avoid this?  In the service manual I see three different kits that include "Screw cap, thin" but I'm not sure if that's the part I need or not:

75Y4472  Screw kit for T410s and T410si

45M2673  Seal kit

45M2674  LCD miscellaneous parts

I'm quite irritated that I have to deal with this at all.

1) I don't know why they would have touched the LCD screen in the first place to replace a part on the bottom of the laptop.

2) It demonstrates a lack of detail on the service depot's part: a workbench should be checked to make sure no parts are leftover that weren't there when the laptop was unpacked.  And even if the part was missing when it arrived, good customer service would be to replace it.

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

tripplec

Re: Laptop returned from service depot with a missing cap

Lookup a local service authorized dealer in your area (lists from this site). Take it in and/or call and see what they can do. I would not let it out of my hands again or at least not to the same location.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel Sandy Bridge & Nvidia NVS 4200M graphics Intel N 6300 Wi-Fi adapter
Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GB DDR3
HDMI
veechee

I've sent the laptop back to the depot for service again.  I'm away for most of this week anyway so that's a quicker way for me to get the repair done than trying to get to a local facility.

-30-

For others who are reading this thread, the two numbers that are on my poly zip bag container:

6k.4FYSC.001 / FRU:75Y4472. The screws and covers are included within and are for the

maintanance of the Thinkpad T 410s/si.

I love my LENOVO.
T 410s, WIN 7, 128 SSD, 64 Ult.

I do not work for LENOVO.