Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
hafeez1981

Lenovo T420 Unexpected Sudden Shutdown Issue

I have more than 20 laptops in my organization with Windows 7 Enterprise Edition (32 Bit operating system) & i got a very strange same issue in all laptops. Lenovo T420 Shutdown automatically while on working. It doesn`t matter its on battery or AC Power. Kindly help me to resolve this issue if there is some type of patch or hardware changes required.

Many Thanks for your Support.

Waiting for your prompt response.

Punch Card
GiedriusZ

Re: Lenovo T420 Unexpected Sudden Shutdown Issue

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem on my T520 where the OS just hangs and after couple of seconds shuts down. I made a thread earlier but nobody even bothered to answer...

ThinkPad T520 i5-2410M(2.3GHz), 4GB RAM, 500GB 7200rpm HD, 15.6in 1600x900 LCD, NVIDIA NVS 4200M 1GB
Paper Tape
zahrunnahar

Me too..

T420, 4328 AA7, Windows 7 Pro.

Monitor suddenly black, there is a red line on the left side of the monitor. Then the laptop shutdown.

Laptop motherboard has already been changed by IBM technicians, but the problem persists.

BRs Nahar

Guru
ExJamJus

All,

If you are having this issue, I recommend running ThinkVantage System Update and windows Update. If problem persist, then try re-seating the rams. If that does not help, try running the laptop using only 1 RAM. This issue could be cause by faulty rams
*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)