Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
blindenschule

Lenovo T500 - Wireless Problem

[ Edited ]

We have several Lenovo T500 with the Intel 5300 AGN Wirless card. We use the latest drivers from Lenovo System Update. We have updated also the BIOS, Power Management and Hotkeys. We use Windows XP SP3 with the latest hotfixes.

We have the problem, that the T500 connects to the accesspoint but does not always receive a IP address. After several reboots it always works. We have T60, T61 notebooks running which do not have this problem.

What can we do to make wireless work more reliable with T500 notebooks?

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: Lenovo T500 - Wireless Problem

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem with my T400 running Vista.  Any time the network changed the first attempt at connection came up w/out an IP address.  A reboot fixed it - until next time.

What solved it was downgrading to a 5100.  This was suggested by a Lenovo 2nd-tier tech after trying a different 5300.

I hope there's an easier fix, but this is what finally worked for me.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Serial Port
icarni

[ Edited ]
do you use Lenovo's Access Connections? .... or did you try the Windows tool instead of Access Connections?
Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

[ Edited ]

Lately I'm running Win 7 64 and just using the windows tools.  I will probably install AC since I like some of the extra controls it provides.  I have not tested the 5300 in Win 7.  I'm still using the 5100.

When I experienced the problem, I was running Vista. It did not matter if I used Access Connections or uninstalled it and used just the windows network management.  The problem was the same: no IP address issued when re-establishing a connection.  Once it failed a reboot fixed it.  Temporarily.

[edit] Please understand that I'm not saying a hardware change will fix your problem.  Only that it might.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Paper Tape
blindenschule

We're not using Access Connections, we use the windows tool.