Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
jeremi

Re: Microphone not working - Conexant 20561 Smartaudio HD

[ Edited ]

Hi,

something I did to understand if it was a hard- or soft-ware problem was to plug a microphone in. For me the external microphone doesn't work either so I really think it's a software problem. Well, it could also mean my card has a problem, but at least it's not my internal microphone..I still have no microphone working for now.

I had a problem with a Dell xps. When upgrading from Vista to W7, the internal microphone wouldn't work with the W7 driver, and one had to get the vista driver to solve the problem. But it doesn't work here.

good luck

Jérémi.

What's DOS?
GretaD

Can you steer me to the generic driver?

I record audio in software, and it is horrible.  I've done everything I can think of.

What's DOS?
zoomer96

After reading all the messages on the loss of the microphone... and trying everything listed... except for downloading the driver for Vista and XP (I'm using Win 7)....  and finding that none of these things worked for me, I deleted the Conexant 20561 driver and reinstalled it.  After doing this, the microphone is now working in Skype, but the voice quality is somewhat raspy, like the microphone is driving too hard.  But at least it's now working.  If others have this problem, you might try the same. 

If Lenovo is reading these messages, I think they need to investigate this problem and possibly release a new (better) driver for the Conexant 20561 thats designed for Win 7.

Thanks,

**bleep**

Paper Tape
jeremi

Hi All,

Finally I call Lenovo hotline in France, and after 1 hour installing/uninstalling drivers for sound card and video card, the sound card drivers didn't seem to update. They adviced me to reinstall windows with factory setting and update with latest drivers again, but the microphone level still was dropping during the first seconds of recording, and the driver wouldn't update.

I had to send my PC (still under warranty) back to Lenovo repair center with my own ways and money at the north of Paris. The parcel was lost for a week before it was finally checked in somewhere in Germany.

They changed the LED board and it was back to me in the middle of the second week. The microphone is working fine.

I asked them exactly what was changed and what they answered is underneath.

The drivers still don't update correctly.

Good luck to you all !

Jérémi.

Cher Monsieur,

Pour voir exactement la piece remplace sur votre poste veuillez entrer sur le site internet de Lenovo et voir la graphique complete du kit LCD sur votre poste. La piece LED board c'est la piece qui contient le microphone de votre pc.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detail.page?DocID=PD004392

Dans la photo on a ecrit a cote de la piece en question - inverter card - mais pour votre poste qui utilise une technologie LED pour le LCD panel, on doit mettre la LED board.

Veuillez verifier des informations aussi dans le manuel du poste:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/guides-and-manuals/detail.page?DocID=UM001446

Cordialement,

Support Technique Lenovo.

P.S: Nous vous prions d'utiliser l'adresse support_fr@uk.ibm.com
Les courriers envoyés directement à l'agent ne pourront être traités.
Merci de votre compréhension.

Savez-vous que vous pouvez également trouver des réponses à vos questions techniques à :  
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/

What's DOS?
ae1001

you WIN!!!!  thank you  thank you thank you.....i have searched far and wide for an answer and this finally worked.

What's DOS?
oliveiro

I (W7, T400) have tried a number of solutions, some proposed in this forum, some found on my own. While some appeared to help for a while, the problem (cannot talk to skype) re-appeared soon. Only fix that appears to help is to uninstall the lenovo supplied conexant driver, then reboot W7, as proposed in above post. Things now seem to work (hopefully for more than a few times).

Serial Port
xcln

Fantastic ! thanks  it worked perfectly  - said the audio service was disabled - it re enabled it and now all's fine.

Possibly a security patch disabled that service  (so noone can eavesdrop on you w/o your knowledge or some other virus). In any case, kudos to Microsoft, this automated troubleshooter would make Steve Jobs proud.

XCLNNYC 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asus LG5, Toshiba M3, HP nc4400, Thinkpad R50, T60, T61, T61p, X200 Tablet, T410, W500, T430s