Version: 4.92.5.0/3.64.6.0 Release Date: 2009/05/29

What's DOS?
cabezud

Re: Microphone(s) won't work

that's the one i'm already using
HDMI
dragon-fly

have you checked the microphone's advanced settings page?

double click on the microphone, or select it and click properties

Go to the levels tab

check that the level is set to 100% and the boost should be set to about 24 db

try that

Fanfold Paper
sgrejsen

T500 with XP.

Internal microphone worked fine, until a complete system rebuild, after which the internal microphone now behaves as per the posts above, i.e. not audible to other party, and with boost ticked, just screeches, incessantly.

I have checked the BIOS and the microphone is enabled, I have updated the conexant 20561 drivers to the latest version, and have tried everything in the settings.

The [Advanced] settings in volume control is grayed out, and I have not been able to change this state.

When I use an external USB headset and microphone, everything works fine.

Since the rebuild, the internal keyboard also occasionally "drops out", i.e. it works as I log onto the notebook, but once logged in, the keyboard stops responding. Attaching a USB keyboard works fine.

I have changed hardware (i.e. moved the HDD to another identical T500) and the symptoms are the same, so I can only assume that it is driver related. As a consequence, I have updated all the drivers for the notebook from the Lenovo support site, all to no avail.

Skype reports that a microphone is not connected unless I connect the USB external headset / microphone.

If anyone has any good ideas, I would appreciate it

What's DOS?
sonu24

Where is Mic in G-500s..  why here is one jack.. every laptop has two jack.. one for mic and headphone.  how to Conversation.  plz explain me..

HDMI
dragon-fly

Mic same plug. combo plug. 4 pin. same headset as for phone. phone 1 plug has mic + speaker. same idea. 4 pin configuration.

like this

http://media.community.dell.com/en/communityserver.components.imagefileviewer/communityserver/discus...